Sign in to follow this  
deL`

Average Motherboard Temperatures for Centurion 5

deL`    0

Ive recently purchased a Centurion 5 case, and i had to replace the front 80mm fan because the stock one did not work. I also added a fan on the side pane mesh below the funnel that blows air into the case. As it is right now my idle temperature for my mother board is about 38C. Do any of you have a lower temp, if soo how many fans do you have, and how are they positioned. As mentioned above I have only one additional fan from the default, it is on the side mesh and it blows air into my case. :lol:

Jackpine    0

I have the same case. I added an 80mm intake fan that I installed between the case and the funnel to direct lots of outside air to the cpu heatsink/fan assembly. I left the mesh below the funnel as is. I installed a 120mm intake fan at the front inbetween the hard drive and floppy drive bays, and I installed a 120mm exhaust fan at the rear just below where the power supply sits.

My motherboard temperatures are around 27C idle and up to 30C when the machine is working. (cpu idle temp is around 33C and can go up to 54C, but is usually around 45C on the applications that I run.)

deL`    0

I have changed my fans from default Coolermaster fans. I have added 3 High Capacity Fans one 120MM at the back. 1 80MM on the side mesh below the funnel that brings cool air in, and another 80MM to replace the front intake fan. All three of these have varialbe speeds which I control with a Antec speed regulator. When cranked all the way up the MB temperature never exceeds 33C, but my CPU will go as high as 52C on full load. I have an AMD 3700+ with a stock heatsink and fan. I do want to replace this but do not know what heatsink/fan combo I should purchase. Any suggestions. (Mind you I live in the valley in California where the avg temp in the summer is 100+)