Sign in to follow this  
DarkLucifer

Coolermaster Real Power 550 startup problem

DarkLucifer    0

Hello everyone,

I have been using a Coolermaster Real Power 550 since august 2005, and sometimes I get the weird problem that it will only power up for a split second. Usually I can startup the pc as normal, but when I shut it down and immediately try to bring it up again, it won't power up. The last few days, I have been getting the problem even when I try to power it up for the first time.

Usually I have to wait a while, sometimes a few minutes, sometimes hours. I unplug my power cable now and then, and turn off the PSU now and then, just to see if that helps with powering up my system, but I have not found a certain way to make it work each time.

I have been looking on these boards, but I have not found any definite answers here either. Is there someone with the same problem that knows what's going on and that might have a workaround?

Thx,

D.

knud    129

It seems to be a defective/broken psu.

I'd say try to get a RMA.

kefos24    0

Did you solve the problem?

I have the same problem. When I push the power button the fans and light start for a second and then nothing. It wont restart. If I keep trying it might start up and when it does start it runs fine.

Anyone else have a solution

RaptorFury    0

check your mb switch . . remove the main power switch and then start comp . now heres how , locate the main power switch plug located on the front io ports ( plugs ) on one of the it has Pwr SW on it ( remember its location you will need to know ) then with a peice of wire ( stripped on both ends ) short the 2 pins on the mb ( no you wont fry your comp if done properly ) yes it will start because thats all your switch does is short out the psu to tell it to turn on ( hmm reminds me of how to turn on the psu just by itself )

edit : oops forgot to mention to turn off machine ( a) tell windows to turn off , or B) reshort those same 2 pins and off it goes )

ice_cubed    0
check your mb switch . . remove the main power switch and then start comp . now heres how , locate the main power switch plug located on the front io ports ( plugs ) on one of the it has Pwr SW on it ( remember its location you will need to know ) then with a peice of wire ( stripped on both ends ) short the 2 pins on the mb ( no you wont fry your comp if done properly ) yes it will start because thats all your switch does is short out the psu to tell it to turn on ( hmm reminds me of how to turn on the psu just by itself )

edit : oops forgot to mention to turn off machine ( a) tell windows to turn off , or B) reshort those same 2 pins and off it goes )

Have you tested this? I haven't but I don't think it will work. Power and reset buttons for ATX powersupplies are momentary on buttons. They only close the circut when they are pressed. Holding the power button for 4 seconds will do a soft off. I expect the same thing to happen if you short the power header on the motherboard.