Sign in to follow this  
DragonMaster

iGreen noise

Anyone could tell me how noisy is the iGreen?

I read a review saying that it'sin the mid 20dB while the specs are 17dB. True?

Or, better, is it silent enough not to add noise over some case fans producing 21dB? Godd enough for HTPC?

knud    129

It kinda depends on your system, but with a normal htpc system you'll be fine.

I think its loud as a whisper :wink:

ID    0
(Even my turntable's motor)

Build an enclosure for it. I did! :D

merovingian    0

iGreen has a minimum noise level at 17db which should be inaudible. When the igreen goes under load there is no telling what the noise level is going to be but givin that it has such a high efficiency rating under load, the amount of heat that needs to be dissipated is much less. Things like the size of the heatsinks in the PSU and the efficiency/noise of the fan will also play a part but my guess is that it's going to be pretty quiet.

Anubis    0
iGreen has a minimum noise level at 17db which should be inaudible. When the igreen goes under load there is no telling what the noise level is going to be but givin that it has such a high efficiency rating under load, the amount of heat that needs to be dissipated is much less. Things like the size of the heatsinks in the PSU and the efficiency/noise of the fan will also play a part but my guess is that it's going to be pretty quiet.

dam=( i dono woot to do now..

well a bit of backgroud 1st then, i've started my mod ages ago, its being built around the CM stacker 810 (710?!?) coz its taking me so long to get my ideas sorted out and picking the components i havent yet started a thread but i will eventualy... my main focuss is power and silence...

one of the things i'd already bought was a PSU a hiper modular SLI ready...

[Mod Edit]Image removed

(lovely connections btw pure quality, some1 answered my post the other day saying modular was a load of cak (in other words ofc... something along the lines of "completely useless and unreliable") but if CM went modular on the i-green i'd love to see these type of connections on it)

but then i installed it on my current system just.... for the sake or having a better psu there till i sorted out the rest of the components for the new system... disaster!!! ... i find it too noisy... so i began looking for another (slightly more powerfull) PSU... i came across the i-green 600w... what a beauty it has everything i want exept modular cables, but... i can live with it.. the stacker has plenty of room.

but now i'm not so sure again.. i read reviews where i managed to get the fan's info ... i found out its as loud as ... something like (sorry if mistaking) but i belive it was something like 40db.... thats just .... :shock::(

then i found this one... the aerocool zerodba which has that fan rated at a max of 29db that being at max speed coz normaly its... just... silent

[Mod Edit]Image Removed

its not actualy golden its silver

i know this is a coolermaster forum, but... well its also a place to ask for advice and that's what i'm doing, what u guyz think??

my main consern is sound when idle (cos i like to listen to music and watch movies on my computer basicly chill out without the anoying hummm) however i dont mind how loud it gets while i'm playing games...

(sorry bout the long post, but... i'd apreciate some openions on this

[Mod Edit]Please do not post images of non-Coolermaster products. Also, please host images yourself. Thank you

I think I'll change the fan if I ever win one.

Anubis, thought about Enermax Liberty? (Efficiency is supposed to be âbout the same. Price tag is much higher tho.)

datura3    0

With an efficiency that high, you guys could easily make a fanless psu! Antec Phantoms are hard to beat if you want silence. Cooler master should make theirs fanless to compete with that niche.