Sign in to follow this  
[D]ark[A]cid

Project: GreenThunder

Recommended Posts

Wacft    0

dude very nice work, im really liking it. its looking real pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ID    0

I like your use of the audio jacks, it's a nice touch (and practical)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bry1987    0

my hats off to you man. itd probably take me forever to work up the motivation to do something like this, let alone have the skill to rewire stuff like you have been. i think the case looks sweet with the "lightningflamethings" fantastic job ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest markkleb   
Guest markkleb

I have to agree thats a beautiful job. Good combo, not overdone..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ninuhadida    0

nice work over there ;)

sry haven't been able to check up on the forum lately, since i've been away from home for a few weeks. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to finishing off this case, only need to do like two small things in the next update and then im completley finished.

This is the VFD/LCd that I will be using, just a 16 x 2 green character display.

greenthunder43.jpg

greenthunder44.jpg

This is where it will be installed, in the 3 1/4 bay for a floppy drive. Looking at this pic its obvious there is no real easy way to mount it. I will have to make custom mounts.

greenthunder45.jpg

Here is the space for the screen cut in the drive bay cover.

greenthunder46.jpg

My custom monuts made from acrylic finished, these took a good few hours of using different materials and designs until I found one that I managed to get to work.

greenthunder48.jpg

The front of it repainted in black since I scratched it up a bit while making the monuts. The screen has masking over it to protect it from the paint.

greenthunder52.jpg

Stealthing the Drive.

Bay cover marked for cutting.

greenthunder47.jpg

Cut and filed.

greenthunder49.jpg

The front of the DVD RW.

greenthunder50.jpg

I sanded the ridge off.

greenthunder51.jpg

I glued the bay cover onto the DVD RW front using all purpose glue, then gave it a few coats of black gloss. This way I can take off the stealth cover if I want to. It just pops on and off like a normal drive faceplate.

(Pics of it finished at the end of this post)

Installed my system.

greenthunder53.jpg

greenthunder54.jpg

And the completed front bezel including the display and stealthed drive.

greenthunder55.jpg

greenthunder56.jpg

greenthunder57.jpg

Final update in a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this