Sign in to follow this  
kienchan

Need Help in getting new Computer case.

kienchan    0

Hi guys,

i need help in choosing a case 4 my dual xeons, so it needs to have good cooling setup/potential. Ive come up with a few choices, tell me what u think and what u'll recommend.

1. Cooler Master Praetorian

2. Cooler Master Centurion 5

3 Lian Li PC-60

and maybe most likely not

4 CM Stacker (too big 4 my needs)

Thanks Guys

Karma Ghost    0

I really like the cooling potential of my Praetorian, but it is obviously no match for the Stacker. Especially for a dual processor board, the kind of cooling in the Stacker would be suitable for your needs.

kienchan    0

My prev case was the coolermaster centurion 4 and it had 1 80mm intake and 1 80mm exhaust. that doesnt keep it cool enuff. If the praetorian had a 120mm exhaust i would get it. not sure how well a 80mm exhaust at the back and top will do in the praetorian. i like the centurion 5 coz it has 120mm exhaust.

Would a preatorian have better coolin than a centurion 5?

Mr. Miyagi    2

I have the Centurion 5, I think it might be too small for you though. I would either get the Preatorian or the Stacker. I feel that the Stacker would suit your needs more though. The Centurion 5 has great cooling from the front mesh. It's like a mini-Stacker.

kienchan    0

yeah looks like i might have to go with the stacker.... was hopin to get something smaller....... i wonder if putting a 4 in 3 device in the centurion 5 or praetorian would help in the cooling...... as an intake or exhaust....

kienchan    0

i didnt really want to get such a big case(cm-stacker)...... if the 4-3 device idea will work then might look into get centruion 5 (that thing wouldnt look good on a praetorian). I wonder if the 4-3 should be set as intake or exhaust.......hmmm

Mr. Miyagi    2

I would think that it would be an intake fan to suck air over the hdds and also cool the case. How many hdd's will you be using?

Karma Ghost    0

I've always had more exhaust than intake if I really had a choice... but fan position is really important too. Since the 80mm at the bottom on the Cent5 is where it is, having it as exhaust would be stupid (think... heat rises)

So I'd say make the 4-in-3 intake and the 80mm intake, but get a powerful 120mm for the back for exhaust. And maybe consider getting a PSU with a 120mm fan built in for better exhaust.

kienchan    0

Ill prob be using 2 hdds in my system.

Sounds like a good idea Karma Ghost. do u think that idea will work better that the Praetorian Case.... IF hot air rises would it work just as well to have the 4-3 exhaust..... i would like to have more exhaust as well like you said karma ghost...... decisions decisions....... i guess the safe bet is the stacker case...hmmm