Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

Thanks goes to CompUsa for having a Stacker 830 on display.

Rychiar    0

I have been going back and forth over weither or not to buy this case. I actually got a chance to see one on display at my local CompUsa.

I cannot express how happy I am I saw this case in person before ordering one. I have finally decided to stay the heck away from it.

I am sorry what are you guys thinking?!?! The case is horrible. Its not sturdy at all. Its made out of very thin aluminum. It has way too much plastic for my taste which equals tacky. Side panels are horrible getting off and back on. I love looking at all the scrapes that are made removing and putting on the side panels. Aluminum door digs into the top plastic part of the case since it is very wobbly.

This is not a bash, but guys wake up! Remember the solid sleek cases you used to make? Here is a hint, go back to what made you famous.

Thick solid aluminum cases. The Praetorian 730 is probably your best case yet for this year. I wish there was a full tower version available. Everything else is just flat out tacky. Get a grip and come back to us, because everyday you are turning into your direct competitor company...(wont mention name)

Phuncz    0

Thin aluminum ? Thin compared to what ? It's as sturdy as h€ll ! Are you sure they didn't place a RC-830 rip-off in the display ? Because my experience is the entire opposite. The hard-to-remove side panels are a known problem, that's a fact.

Koradhil    0

I must say I do agree on some points, but I've seen and tried the new stacker myself and I can say it is indeed a lot of plastic, but it's still sturdy. I must say I also prefer the all aluminium cases, but I also understand the CM designers. The largest group of customers don't care about the material, they just want a good looking case. I'd probably never really use a Stacker 830, mostly because I want to be able to mod it a lot. The Stacker 830 outside look isn't really suitable for any modification. That's why I prefer the 'old' stacker.

I do agree on Rychiar's last point, the designer team should get back to the all aluminium design.

By the way, at CeBIT 2006 I've seen the latest prototype of the next CM case, and I have to say, it's even worse... waaay to much plastic for me (the entire top part). But that was a prototype of course.

Phuncz    0

But that's just the point: the RC-830 is ALL ALUMINUM. Where the STC-T01, RC-810 and RC-820 are steel chassis with aluminum side panels. OK plastic: the other Stacker cases got that plenty ! The frame to put the fans in against the side panel can also be removed easily if you don't like it. They could have made it aluminum (originally it was, I think) but the price of the case would be a lot more and they still have to be able to sell these cases. A case like the RC-830 but completely in aluminum is enormously expensive. Take for example the ATC-310 I have, it retailed about 1.000$ but EVERYTHING is aluminum. Who would pay the premium (think 200$ extra) for 10% of the case (the complicated parts) being aluminum ?

Koradhil    0

Yes, I completely understand your point. I can live with the used materials on the 830, but as a modder, I prefer the straight, rectangular design of the old stacker, just because it's way easyer to mod that. Making two 120mm fan holes in the top of the new stacker is obviously a pain. Same goes for the sidepanels. I'm not saying I dislike the design of the 830, in fact I very much like it, it looks very futuristic and sleek. I'm just saying it's not the ideal case to use for modding.

I'd recommend the 830 to anyone looking to buy a very nice case, but is not going to mod it.

Phuncz    0

I have to agree, it looks like not much could be modded. Atleast not standard. I think the design can be "enhanced" but this will a whole new approach. If I haven't bought a car on down payment, I'd probably pimp an RC-830 to h€ll :) But that would require more than the case costs :)

Rychiar    0

I have seen another particular company, that makes all their cases of complete aluminum. Inside and out, and their prices are around the same as this one. I like the design of the case, but it just has too many glairing faults for me to purchase.

knud    129

The 830 is hard to mod, but if modded, it's a :) of a case!

I'd like one, but I'm afraid my asus x1600xt won'f fit properly (due to all the pci stories here...)

Phuncz    0

And they are very flat. Just compare the amount of curves and such. Let's compare two:

http://tweakers.net/ext/i.dsp/1140644624.jpg

vs

http://www.sharkacorp.com/images/lianli ... 0-2-lg.gif

If all you need is a box to put your PC in that's made out of aluminum, then by all means: buy a 75$ "aluminum case".

[Mod Edit]Please do not directly post images that you do not own. Instead, please post a link.

Also, please note that thread is close to breaking rule 3 on the Cooler Master forums and is therefore under moderation.

Rychiar    0

Again this wasnt at all any means to be rude to anyone here. I was just trying to be helpful in wishing you guys would make the quality products you used to make. I apologize if I came on too strong.