Sign in to follow this  
wayne

help needed please

wayne    0

I have built in a Praetorian case. All is well except that I cannot get my front panel LED's to funtion. I have an ASUS P4P800 DELUXE motherboard. The m/b manual is very specific on where to plug in the power and harddrive LED's. They are where they are supposed to be but still no lights...............

Any suggestions.

Brok3n    0

pin orientation usually shouldnt matter but on my Abit mobo it acts screwy sometimes so try flipping them around and plugging it in that way (where the pin that was in the right hole is now in the left) if you know what I mean. That may work.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Are you sure positive is with positive and negative with negative? It also might be bad LEDs but I don't think it would be them.

Mr. Miyagi    2

It depends on the motherboard. Some of mine are face up, some of mine are face down. I think they should have little "+" symbols on the base of the pins on the motherboard. The white wire is negative, so make sure that it's on the negative pin. In your motherboard instructiong manual, there should be a diagram that tells you which pin is negaive and which one is positive.

wayne    0

thanks guy's....

I got it.

I reversed the Power_Led so that the writing faced down and the same with the HDD_Led and that did the trick.

Now I wonder if it is the same situation with the speaker pins. I know that there in the right spot but I have yet to hear a sound come from the speaker. Is there a way to test it?

Mr. Miyagi    2

Maybe try to reverse that too? Too test it, there should be some sample audio that comes with Windows and you could use that, or just put in a cd.

wayne    0

thanks guys

I unplugged my speaker system from the unit and rebooted. Now I can detect the low single beep as it posts. So I guess that's okey.

Now I have to check the Front I/O panel to see if all is well. I'll try later. I'll let you know if all is well.