Sign in to follow this  
Dredog

Aquategate Mini 120 - Not full of water?

Amodedude1    0

No, the performance is still the same but now it makes no noise at start up. And yes it was missing about 1/3 or more cup of coolant. Surprising, i know. But I still don't think you really need to add anything because once the pump starts going and sucks up the water it shouldent really hurt anything.

TheWyrm    0

They have to allow some air into the system to allow for expansion of the coolant as it is alcohol based. before you chop it apart read some of the reviews, they also post pictures of the unit taken apart. I just Googled Cooler Master r-120 review and i got tons of reviews and pictures.

Phuncz    0

Hmm that's strange. I always thought alcohol was "smaller" than water, so it evaporates more easily. Is there a CM Tech head in the house ?

Amodedude1    0

Well, I was a bit clumsy and spilled some of the old coolant :oops: > im003653qg4.th.jpgso I had to use a lot of distilled water and Anti-freeze to top it off. But I'm not so

sure about the alcohol thing. It's possible I guess, but I doubt it. The fluid did not have the same properties as alcohol when I cleaned it up nor did it have the smell. I think your thinking of Ethylene glycol maybe? I would believe they might of put some of that in there but that’s not the same as Isopropyl alcohol. I doubt they put any Isopropyl alcohol in the coolant. :roll:

Hmm that's strange. I always thought alcohol was "smaller" than water, so it evaporates more easily. Is there a CM Tech head in the house ?

I think your right. But alcohol would also flow better/ faster too :)