Sign in to follow this  
Swervy

Spare wires ?

Swervy    0

Hi,

I’m having the same problem as a couple of other posters. I love my centurion 5 case and have fitted an ECS KN1 sli mobo to it. I’m having problems with the wires from the front I/O panel.

I think I have got most of the wires in the right place (unfortunately both set instructions are of little help!) but I am left with a green + wire and a white - wire and look like they come from the power switch / LED part of the case.

What are they for and where should they go?

Thanks I’m quite baffled and this is my first build so I’m a touch inexperienced.

Swervy

knud    129

Are there any marks on those cables?

I own a centurion 1, and the green/white cable is for the power.

Just try it, I'd say

Swervy    0

thanks for the reply...

I believe all the front panel cables are attached except a green wire with a plus on and a white with a negative. I assume these are power for something but cannot locate anywhere on the mobo for them.

Perhaps its a question more for mobo forum but as there from the case i just want clarification of their purpose and an idea of where i should be looking at sticking them?

Many thanks

Swervy

PS Anyone use an ECS KN1 SLI mobo here ?

lozza    1

Sounds like the power switch cable to me what have you got plugged into the power pins on the mobo?

xstax    0

Directions for where to connect the wires are usually with the motherboard documentation. The plus and minus definitely sound like the power switch though, actually I'm like 99% certain they are which means if you hit the power it's not gonna do :).

Edit: I downloaded the guide for the extreme edition and it's in there.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/P ... ame=Manual

page 12-14 according to acrobat reader. pwr_sw_p is for the + and pwr_sw_n is for the -. Unless they're to the reset switch then it's rst_sw_p and rst_sw_n.

Riscai    0

The green and white wires are for the power LED.

I am not sure why they didn't mark these wires and I could't find anything stating what they were for in the manual either.

However, this is an great case, congrats to CM on a top notch design. :P