Sign in to follow this  
Jackpine

Installing Floppy Drive

Jackpine    0

I recently purchased a Cooler Master Centurion CAC-T05 US chassis, and am very pleased with it. However, I am having some difficulty installing the floppy drive. I can insert the drive from the front and push it to any position before locking it. Even then, it does not seem to be very secure.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the drive have to be screwed first onto rails before locking it?

I would really appreciate any help in this since it is the last thing I need to do before powering up the PC.

Thanks very much.

Mr. Miyagi    2

What brand of floppy drive are you using?

My floppy drive was secured in my C5 case. Make sure the floppy's bezel is lined with the front bezel. When they're aligned, slide the bracket securely and lock it. The floppy drive shouldn't move if you pressed the bracket all the way.

Jackpine    0

Am I the only one who doesn't know how to install a floppy drive? I installed three hard drives and two burners without a problem. When use the same technique (tool-free locking bar) the floppy drive remains loose.

Where do I go to find out how to do this properly?

ID    0

Those tools-free locking systems are a bit termperamental. Are you able to secure your floppy with a couple screws on the other side? That solved my problems.

Jackpine    0

I will try installing screws. This may be difficult since the other side is not very accessible with a screwdriver. Unless the entire mounting "cage" can be removed from the chassis.

Jackpine    0

Success!

Thanks to the suggestions on securing my floppy drive using screws, in addition to the tool-free locking device.

The manual only talks about how to insert HDD/FDD/ODD into the case, and then using the tool-free locking device. I had to remove the other side of the case that is not normally used to provide access for installing the mobo and other components. Having done that, the "cage" that holds all the drives was right in front of me. Lo and behold. there were holes in the cage that lined up perfectly with the threaded holes in my floppy. I attached two screws, and then with the tool-free locking device, it is solid as a rock. I took the opportunity to install screws in all my other drives as well.

Not having done this before, and relying only on the manual, it was not apparent to me how these drives could be securely mounted.

Thanks again to those who responded to my question.