Sign in to follow this  
misterLOBY

Wavemaster case speaker

misterLOBY    0

Quick question?

I'm in the process of sleeving all the cables in my system. While sleeving the case speaker cable, I accidently rip the cable off the speaker. It looks as if all I need to do is solder it back on. However, I was thinking, do I really need the case speaker?

Should I solder the wire back on?

or

Should I leave the case speaker alone without the wire?

or

Should I remove the case speaker and speaker wire altogether?

-misterLOBY

ID    0

The same thing happened to me. I just soldered it back on, no big deal. I didn't even bother taking the hardware out either. I'd keep the speaker... else the one time you need to hear it, it won't be there!

Karma Ghost    0

IMO, I would say it really depends on your definition of "need". The speaker lets you know of any problems going on and why your computer isn't POSTing. I think it is a bit of a helpful reminder, but I know many people who leave them unplugged.

I would say it's somewhat important, and I would solder it back on. I've never looked into it, but I imagine it isn't a very tough job to solder it. Otherwise, you could find a speaker on eBay or use one from an old case.

knud    129

I ripped mine out, as some might know. No problems with it at all

zerospace    0

Like I said in another thread, you don't necessarily need to hear BIOS beep codes (thru the system speaker) if you can get your hands on a PCI POST diagnostic card. I have one and its saved me a lot of hassle :)

Mauzer    0

Ripped mine out aswell. There's already a little speaker on me mobo, so I have no need for it.

misterLOBY    0

Well, just for now...I took the case speaker out. I've been cable sleeving all week and I'm tired. I want to get the system back up and running.

I'll be going away for a couple of weeks and when I get back I'll work on putting the case speaker back.

-misterLOBY