Sign in to follow this  
lozza

ATCS 111B-SX2 Restoration Complete (pics)

lozza    1

Well few months ago I was lucky enough to buy a Cooler Master ATC111B-SX2 for a very modest price.

The price was due to the fact there were quite a few "problems" as in damage and missing parts. I have been doing various bits and pieces along the way while negotiating and awaiting spare parts from Cooler Master (Thanks to CM for the spare parts and to knud // elessar for making it happen!).

Yay the bits arrived today:

0015ua.jpg

So the first thing on the agenda was the window panel which had a ruddy great scratch across it (or so the seller thought) and a load of stickers on it:

0032or1.jpg

The stickers came off with ease, a little residue but nothing that cilit bang couldn't deal with, but the scratch? well i was all set on needing to get a new piece of perspex but on doing the fingernail test (always do the fingernail test to see how deep the scratch is) i was chuffed to find the scratch scratched off! so with a bit of soft cloth wrapped over my fingernail i worked away the scratch.

The case was missing drive bay blanks, PCI blanks and all thumb screws. Having removed all the other bits, i found there was no dust filters behind the mesh. So an empty shell which needed a good clean up and lots of foam & velcro pads removing. The velcro ones were pretty easy to just pull of with no residue left but the foam pads were a bit more challenging. You'll see one that i hadn't quite shifted at the time of the pitures:

0047yp1.jpg

My secret weapon in cleaning all the dirt dust and trapped daddy longlegs out was Cilit Bang (BANG! and the dirt was gone!) Cleaned the brushed alu surface nicely as well:

0050pj.jpg

Now that all the bits from CM arrived it was time to get all the other bits together:

4 x Akasa Blue LED fans (all fans are speed adjustable using a controller, but the two for the front are adjustable independantly)

5 x 80mm fan grills

120mm x 80mm Dust filter

1 x I/O Shield (ok so it wont fit your mobo, but it finnishes it off)

0025bd.jpg

Now it's time to remove the motherboard tray install Akasa fan with grill on front and back, pop the I/O shield in and the new PCI blanks with thumb screws:

0063sq.jpg

Motherboard tray Back in place with thumb screws:

0078eo.jpg

Next up was installing the top blow hole fan and grill:

0080jl.jpg

Then onto the front fans, with grills on the inside of the case:

0096nb.jpg

Installation of the 5.25" bay blanks:

0107mr.jpg

A new dust filter in the mesh and on it goes:

0115dq.jpg

Sides back on and the new thumb screws in to secure:

0128om.jpg

One tenderly loved cared for and caressed back to good health ATC111b-SX2:

0138oa.jpg

0140ll.jpg

Feel free to comment or ask questions here, via email or MSN.

I hope you enjoyed it!

ID    0

Replace those 80mm fans with couple 120s and you've got a dream case. Nice work though, enjoy!

lozza    1
Replace those 80mm fans with couple 120s and you've got a dream case. Nice work though, enjoy!

Unfortunately the case design wouldn't alow for 120mm fans without some serious butchering!

But if the 200/201/111/110s were developed with 120mm intake and exhust they would fly off the shelves and snatch that market back from lian li for sure

knud    129
(Thanks to CM for the spare parts and to knud // elessar for making it happen!).

No problem mate, good that you received the parts! 8)

It looks great man, 2 intake fans, that's a thing I always like!

Are you gonna install some hardware on it? :wink:

Mr. Miyagi    2
But if the 200/201/111/110s were developed with 120mm intake and exhust they would fly off the shelves and snatch that market back from lian li for sure

That would be a dream case...

lozza    1
(Thanks to CM for the spare parts and to knud // elessar for making it happen!).

No problem mate, good that you received the parts! 8)

It looks great man, 2 intake fans, that's a thing I always like!

Are you gonna install some hardware on it? :wink:

I'm probably going to swap over my 201 give that a rest, i'm currently working on the foundations for a sff build so i'm not sure when i'll have time, but i really want to get it done!