Sign in to follow this  
iwannabfishn

Aquagate Mini R80 problem

I just installed my Aquagate Mini R80. I have a microATX board and small case which had a 120mm exhuast fan, but not enough clearance for the Mini R120 so I installed the R80 with a fan adapter to fit the 120mm mounting holes. It works fine. It runs about 10 degrees cooler than stock which is awesome, but there is an annoying ticking sound coming from the water block (the part on the cpu). When I first installed it I did not hear it. Then after the first couple of reboots it started and has not stopped.

It is still quieter than the stock cooler, but it is noticable even from 20ft away. Is this normal or is the pump going bad or already bad?

ID    0

Air bubbles perhaps?

Someone from CM should be able to better answer your question.

Mr. Miyagi    2

I think the clicking sound is the pump but could someone from CM clarify this?

I would contact their support or see if you can have it replaced by the store.

Hellsing    0

I have a mini r80 also it make a little noise from the pump , but the noise are gone since a week , all depand the way you fix the radiator ....

me i have a p4 530 (3giga) it was at 45 degree with a other cooler (BEAR) X2 fan ,super noisy ,like an elicopter flying around your head :lol: 65 degree load ,and wen i overclock to 3.1 gg the computeur freeze and reboot .

the mini R80 are pretty incredible 28 degree , and i can overclock to 3.4 giga and it get only at 31degree , full load it get at 45 no more .

ATTENTION : wen you fix a mini r80 ...the mini r80 come with a iron plat thats you have to put under the mobo , is an iron plat with plastic ,the plastic side touch the mobo so no contact with the capacitor ...but ACTUALY IT TOUCH THE CAPACITOR , the capacitor solder are very speaky so they may touch the iron plat and make an short circuit .

i have an GA-81945p and the under of the mobo are super speaky so i get the short circuit stuff ..i burn a ddr2 256 like this !

so please all mate around would like to fix thats wonderful cooler ...CAREFUL THE CAPACITOR ON AND THE SOLDER UNDER THE MOBO ...

:wink:

ps:sorry if i dont have the right english vocabulary :oops: