Sign in to follow this  
camshaft

quiet 120mm fan that can push 70cfm?

camshaft    0

Hey guys,

I recently put together a wavemaster pc (my first computer build), and included a antec neopower 480 watt power supply. The power supply comes with a 120mm fan which it varies the speed of based on the temp. It's not very loud, but I'd still like to replace it with something quiter if possible. It's a 12V fan rated at .38A max, and an online review said the airflow was proabably at least 60cfm. I looked around and noticed many 120mm fans push at least 70cfm, so I'm shooting for that number. I checked out the coolermaster 120mm, but it's too slow and doesn't push enough air for this supply. Can anyone recommend any fans I should look at?

Sorry if this isn't cooler master related enough.

Thanks,

Austin

camshaft    0
I just installed the Cooler Master 120mm, and it does a fine job for me. It's pretty awesome.

You mean you installed it on your case or in the same power supply?

Austin

Karma Ghost    0

I don't know if you'd really need 70cfm to cool a PSU.... but if you do there are plenty of other types of high power fans out there to choose from.

Keep in mind though, that CM fans are only less in CFM because they are as well very quiet. And if you want a 120mm fan in your PSU... I would guess it is because you are trying for a quiet computer.

Abula    0

[Edit]-Sorry but this is a Cooler Master forum. Posting reviews for other products will not be accepted. I hope you understand.

I didnt know, im sorry. Can we still recommend other products besides Coolermaster, or this forum is oriented to only to coolermaster products?

camshaft    0

Thanks for the help guys. Apparently this neopower will drop a few decibles once I can lower my case temp (currently about 30-35C, and yes, it's a prescott), so I'm really considering water cooling now. My cpu often gets to 55C, causing the thermally controlled fans in the PSU, CPU, and case to get louder than I'd like.

Austin