Sign in to follow this  
mw

HYPER 6+ ANYONE STILL GOT IT???

mw    0

:shock:

Just been looking around the sight and it would appear old trusty hyper6plus is no longer there! (views on this anyone?)

The main reason i called by was to ask whether anybody has had any luck replacing the non-existant 100mm fan? Im trying to find a thin 100 into 120mm bracket. My problem is; even though its meant for pwm - its CR*P! I have spent money on a decent pwm kit and even bought attuenators to remove the 'knocking' sound out of low speeds but ive given up now and just not bothered with a cpu fan at all !!!!!!!

If anyone else knows what im talking about and has a solution let me know :? cmaster my A**. :oops:

RaptorFury    0

well no real need to down Cm for this type of problem . now here is a different solution if you want to try it out . instead of using a 100 mm fan and tring to fit a 120 on it why not use a 92mm fan instead , there are loads of great 92 mm fans that are quiet . it be easier to make an adapter plate to go from 100 mm to 92 mm

mw    0

Make, make you say !

My god i do not pay stupid amounts of money on items, just so i can bodge together a naff bracket to mount a fan!

i would of thought even a very normal 120mm fan would be far superior to a 92mm one in terms of noise and cfm?

All i mean to say is its a quality product (hyper6) that cools very well, but it seems there is always a niggling factor with coolermaster to let it down!

i.e stupid fan size on hyper 6+

i.e stupid cdrom bezel on centurion 530 case

i.e mean & rubbish feet on the cm notepal!

The list may well go on, but unless these issues are addressed CM will never seriosly be able to compete with the other big case and cool manufacturers.

zerospace    0

While I understand your frustration, mw, your attitude is not going to help your situation. Relax a bit and try to understand that there is absolutely no perfect case or cooling solution manufacturer out there. Every single one of them has flaws. I've used lots of different stuff and have gripes about each one.

I agree, the fan size on the hyper 6+ is kinda odd--would make more sense if it were 120mm, but I'm sure there's a reason why they did it (and that's not to make you more miserable, either).

Oh yeah, and the hyper 6+ is still very much on the CM website:

HERE

ice_cubed    0

I have attached a 120mm fan to a Hyper6+ with a home made adapter. It cooled well, but it was huge. You may not like it that much after you try it.

I have also attached 92mm fans without any special adapters. I used clear silicone to stick the fan on. The kind you find in the plumbing section of a hardware store. It securely held the fan in place, but was also non-perminant.

ID    0

I'll agree that CMs use of a 100mm fan on the Hyper6+ is incredibly short sighted, but there's a number of ways which you could use to mount a different sized fan on it. It doesn't even have to be fancy. Like ice_cubed said, some silicone sealant will work quite well.

RaptorFury    0

in my experiences the 92 mm for noise to cfm ratio is one of the best . also have you looked at the fan to see why it is clicking ? the only reason y a fan would click would be because theres something hitting the fan blades themselves ... not saying its your fault cm's fault or anyones just another solution .

mw    0

Im chilled , just work stress and S**t :x

The clicking and rumbling noises come from when the fan drops down the voltage to say for arguments sake a stall LOL. No it starts to click and moan at around 60% power which is 900rpm , 9.5volts (fans max rpm 1460).

So another bone of contention for me is the fact the fan chosen doesnt even suit PWM, even though it has the connections etc for it - one of you said it 'short sighted' DEF!!!

I just dont like the idea of sticking things onto other stuff, i prefer it too work straight out of the box

no offence coolermaster!

Im just airing my frustrations, may help in the future - ya never know :?: :idea: :?:

ID    0

If the fan is defective, and it sounds like it is, RMA the thing and have CM send you a new one. Problem solved!

mw    0

no , sorry youve misunderstood me - the fan is not defective. It is juin plain unsuitable for pulse width modulation :roll:

Im still looking for a fan adaptor though 100mm-120mm :?:

I was just trying to guage opinions on this product really, seeing if anyone else is frustrated by it.

As it stands, the fan is now off and im using it as a passive heatsink within my system.

I HATE noise !