Sign in to follow this  
Enigmachine

CoolDisplay for CoolDrive 6

Nemix77    0

I've got a special request. If it's possible, when controlling the fans manually or automatically could voltage change be implemented instead of RPM change like the original CoolerMaster software.

Please if you can do this it would rock!

Thanks in advance,

Enigmachine    0

Hmmm... The only way I could do that would be to use my multimeter to measure what the actual values are on my CD6 based on the RPM setting and display that... I wouldn't be a "real" voltage value since it would be based on my CD6, not the actual voltage.

I'll look into it.

I really like the idea of "scanning" the values (from another post) where the software figures out the minimum voltage to get the fan spinning on its on...

Ack, I guess I'll have to get to work on this soon. :) The box my CD6 is on, I want to use to try out Vista... Except it doesn't have 512 megs of ram and the video card only does 640*400 so it's been sitting idle. Maybe someday soon I'll get on it. :)

stuart    0

Hi, can someone point out a link to the CoolDrive 6 v2.0 software or whatever is the most recent. Just bought the cooldrive 6 and want to make sure the software is as up to date as possible as just now i have no control over fan speeds and hope the upgrade might fix the problem.

Thanks.

ikelley    0

That link does not appear to work. Any advise for Cooldrive 6 on vista? I am not getting any fan readings in the software.

Thanks.

kalckmam    0
http://www.coolermaster.com/support/product.php?act=detail&tbcate=&id=103 and then go to support and download the software there, it's from 2/2/2007 which is pretty recent (for a legacy product), so it might be for vista...? :wink:

Hello companion, I just buy a Cooldrive6 Black and I am having problems at Software for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit it is on the screen the information initial "C: / ERROR" and not open the software of the controller.

It would help me as kj me and indicate whether you already have available a software update of Cooldrive6 for Windows Vista?

Thank you!

Enigmachine    0

I don't have a version of my software for Vista since I don't have Vista myself. :`)

Maybe when I move to Windows 7 I can make it work!

Nemix77    0

Warning DEAD post resurrection!!!

@ Enigmachine

It's been a few years since I've last visited the Cooler Master forum but don't get me wrong I still highly recommend and support their products. Speaking of which, I just recently bought an Elite 541 Mini Tower Case along with an Extreme Power Plus 500W by Cooler Master.

Since my departure from this forum and my old XP machine, I've since not used my old CoolDrive 6 but just yesterday I dug it up for the first time in 3 years! I want to reuse the unit again with my Vista/7 built but I've lost the software CD and Cooler Masters Support/Downloads on their website is very confusing, I cant find software for the CoolDrive 6 at all and above all; all the links in this thread are all DEAD!

Questions and favors for Enigmachine (sorta):

Are you still working on the CoolDisplay specifically for Windows Vista and Windows 7?

Any chance of fixing the DEAD links or uploading the CoolDisplay to Mediafire/Megaupload?

Do you still have the original and 2.0 software from Cooler Master? Any chance of uploading those to Mediafire/Megaupload?

Please do reply, you're my savior ATM. :bounce:

Maxblast    0

I would be interested in the same.

I bought two brand new Cooldrive 6 a few days ago to replace my noisy Antec HDD cooling cases.

Of course I know that they are a few uears old and that the software on the CD and on the site is pretty old.

But nevertheless I wanted to use these 2 Cooldrives in my Windows 7 PC.

The first thing I ran into was the supplied USB connector which is the exact mirror image of the internal USB connectors on my Asus motherboard.

I have not used the 5 small individual connectors and I hope I did it correctly.

I took the software from the site and installed it with Windows XP compatibility mode. So far I cannot get the right drive recognised. The software recognised my main drive, which is a 120GB SSD drive (HD 1) and also the 2TB drive that I installed in the Cooldrive 6 (HD 2). But for both drives, there is only information about speed and space, no temperatures.

So I guess this is software related?

So, like Nemix77, I wonder if there is any software solution for Windows 7 users.

At the same time I wonder; is it necessary to have the software installed? Will it still cool the drive without it?

Thanks in advance.