Sign in to follow this  
Enigmachine

CoolDisplay for CoolDrive 6

Enigmachine    0

Hello everyone!

I have made a new version of my CoolDisplay application for the CoolDrive 6.

Its two major features are:

1. Set a message to display on the LCD in a XML file

2. Automatically control fan speeds by setting the target temperature for probes and which fans have an effect on that probe.

The program displays the current values in a small window on your desktop.

This program is experimental - neither I nor CoolerMaster is responsible if any damages are caused from use of this software! Also, don't run it at the same time as the original CD6 program, as only one at a time can access the COM port.

*DO NOT* use CoolDisplay to control your *CPU* fan.

CoolerMaster is not responsible for any problems with this program so don't bother them about it. :)

To download the program please visit my forum at http://www.enigmachine.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=software

I plan to improve the looks of the UI soon and provide display options for the LCD. Let me know if you use it or if you have comments!

Also apparently the Aerogate III seems very similar to the CD6. Does anyone care to try the software on it? Or would anyone send me an Aerogate III so I can test it out myself? :)

-- Enigmachine the .sigless

knud    124

I have a AG3, but they are not software controlled, sorry.

(at least, mine is not)

ID    0

Yeah the AG3 does not have any software control like the CoolDrive6. It's a shame too.

Enigmachine    0

You learn something every day, I guess.

I can't really blame them though, look at how much support they had to provide simply because it's not obvious which com port the CD6 is on. There's a good number of posts in the forum simply about that.

I wonder why that is anyway, shouldn't USB devices be autoconfig for the most part?

Infinity    0
I wonder why that is anyway, shouldn't USB devices be autoconfig for the most part?
True USB devices are, but most fan controllers are actually still RS232 (it's cheaper and easier to make), but because a lot of motherboards don't come with an RS232 ("serial") port anymore, they fit them with what is basically a usb->'serial' converter on the device.

XenoS    0

Interesting, has me thinking about buying one again. Got screenshots anywhere?

Enigmachine    0

Well, it looks like this:

Cd6cap.jpg

Nothing very exciting for now. :)

I should probably put all of the software info on its own web page...

_ferry_    0

great! when i get 1 of my pc's with a cooldrive 6 working i will try the software. The functions looks good. I also tried the unpublished 2.0 drivers, but the are almost the same only with a better skin.

Nemix77    0

Very nice functions, automatic fan control by temp is great and the other one XML something I don't know...

Interface looks dull right now, think you can integrate this functions into the original CoolDrive 6 software or even the unofficial 2.0 version?

Just one question, to I need to have the CoolDrive 6 software by CoolerMaster installed or is this a standalone software that can function/replace the CoolDrive 6 software on it's own???

Edit:

Um _ferry_, where can I get the unpublished 2.0 drivers for the CoolDrive 6???

Thanks,

Enigmachine    0
Interface looks dull right now, think you can integrate this functions into the original CoolDrive 6 software or even the unofficial 2.0 version?

Just one question, to I need to have the CoolDrive 6 software by CoolerMaster installed or is this a standalone software that can function/replace the CoolDrive 6 software on it's own???

Sorry if it looks dull... I definitely cannot integrate this into the official software, but I will definitely improve the looks in the next version now that I'm no longer using Notepad to code with. :D One thing to note is that I haven't worked on this code in quite a while, but I will as soon as I get my CD6 back in a computer case I use/run windows on.

The original software doesn't need to be "installed", but some of the files need to be in the same directory (the .dll). I think I made a list of the files needed in the README.txt.