Sign in to follow this  
Leporello

Stacker 830 side panels!!

Leporello    0

Dear Friends,

I've had my Stacker 830 for a couple of hours and so far so bad. I've read the manual and have been exploring the case before putting my system into it. I've removed the side panels and for the past hour I've been trying to get them back on again without success. I can't believe that the case can be at fault at this price! This is not my first build nor even my first Coolermaster chassis, In fact I was planning to move my system from a Coolermaster Black Widow to my new 830.

Could some kind soul please share with me the secret of the Stacker 830 side panels. Otherwise I could be at this for hours! I'm rather disappointed by this.

Many thanks for your attention. :o:o:(

Leporello    0

75 minutes for this tool-less task. Hopefully it'll get easier. I'll post more details of my install when I hit the next snag or when its done. I'm still travelling hopefully. It's time to turm this system off for the install.

Actually, to put it back it, simply line up the side panel from both end first then use one hand to push the middle into place. it will simply goes in.

hokahoka    0

Yeah there is sort of a trick to it. It took me a while to get it on in the first few tries. Not exactly what I wanted either but its a really not so bad 8)

Leporello    0

Well I've now got this thing rebuilt and it's taken about nine hours. I've managed to cut my forefinger in the process and had to remove the blood stains before plugging things in.

The side panels are a pain. I like the space in this case which seems to cool my system a couple of degrees celsius better than the Black Widow. It makes about the same amount of noise which is a pity as I was hoping for an improvement.

I've built a fair number of systems over the years I consider the Stacker 830 one of the more difficult chassis I've assembled. I had no problems installing my Nvidia 7800 GT PCIex, Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS PCI and my PCI digital TV card into my Epox 9NPA+Ultra mobo. I did struggle a bit with the 4 in 3 HDD unit but eventually got it settled.

So far I give this case six out of ten overall but perhaps I'll learn to love it more with time.

I had no problems installing my Nvidia 7800 GT PCIex, Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS PCI and my PCI digital TV card into my Epox 9NPA+Ultra mobo.

Would have been concerned if you had trouble plugging a PCI card into a PCI slot. :)

Leporello    0

Jest ye not!

Haven't you seen the thread where the high tech problem of inserting a PCI card into a PCI slot is under discussion? As I keep telling God "Someone up there has made a big mistake!" But no one listens :(:lol:

clubsport    0

I really don't think its the case, I think its the video cards that are made in different lengths to go into the slots, if so just file down the ends?

:wink:

XenoS    0

Only one cut? You clearly haven't been doing a whole lot inside your case then. My hands are covered in them, nasty scrapes too, and I've had to clean up blood a number of times since building my latest PC (in Nov 05, moved to the 830 in Jan 06). The worst is when you don't realize you've been cut. They you really get blood everywhere and have to find it all lol. ;)

Anyways, all side panels are a pain, doesn't matter which case it is lol. Like others have said, there is a sort of trick to it. Once you've mastered it, putting the panels back on will be super easy every time. I wish I owned a video camera, then I'd make a short video tutorial on how to do it that also shows how easy it is. Maybe someone at Cooler Master should think about doing exactly this since it's a common complaint. Then people can just be pointed towards that which would save everyone some trouble, heh. :)