Sign in to follow this  
[Saviour]

Stacker 830 & Watercooling

[Saviour]    0

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has a watercooling setup placed in the Stacker 830. I have one my own, but still running into some problems with mounting my Black Ice Pro II radiator (internally). Anyone prepared to give me some inspiration in mounting my radiator?

Thanks in advance.

RaptorFury    0

hmmmmmmm . the only place i can remotly think of that might be able to handle a rad that size is where you can mount 4 x 120 fans housing .. but you would have to put the barb side on the hinged side ... if no go the only other place is on the bottom of the case but you will have to cut hole on the bottom to allow air flow ...

ice_cubed    0

I have a BIX-II in the original stacker. Mine is mounted in the front. It takes up 6.5 bays, which might use up too much space for you. The half bay that is taken up can still be used by a small device like an aerogate.

If you don't mind doing some cutting, put it in the top of the case, if there is space.

[Saviour]    0

Those are the problems that I'm running into..

I might be able to mount it in the sidepanel, but that means I'll have to cut out the pieces that seperate the whole panel into 4 squares. If it does fit, I'll probably have a problem with the tubes because the sidepanel should be able to open.

Mounting it on the bottom is nice too, but requires a dremel. I'm not really fond of cutting in cases, it'd be a permanent mod.

Any easy alternatives? I thought of something, but I'll draw it out later in Paint so I won't be confusing you with crazy explanations. :)

[Saviour]    0

Something I could consider.. Mounting it on the back 120mm outtake is possible using a shroud or something.

However, I'm kinda worried if the backplate would bend because of the tension, rofl. Quite worth the try though.

f.sardis    0

we are in this together mate, here is my thread on another forum.

to be honest with you this case is built in such a way that its impossible to put any custom water cooling kit in there without some serious mod. however go through my thread and you will find some useful info i have discovered.

http://www.coolercasesuk.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1327

in short, the only place for a double rad is the side fan bracket. you have to mount the rad horizontally and place the barbs towards the swivel axis so they wont move away from the case when you open the panel. you dont have to cut the side panel at all. just put the fans on the side panel and then mount the radiator on the fans, that way the rad will be above the partition walls on the bracket and you wont have problems. you will also need 3/8" kit because its the only flexible enough hose to route inside the case. you will need to keep the hose length as little as possible so go for a pump with a reservoir on it, such as the DDC with the reservoir top. the case although big, its quite small inside. mounth the mobo on inverse atx fashion so the cpu will be at the bottom of the case. that way you will have the radiator, the pump, and the cpu block on the same height.

good luck mate.

[Saviour]    0

To mount the radiator on the fans was way too simple to think of.. lol

Now I'm thinking if I should do the inverse ATX thing and keep the radiator inside, or keep it normal and attach the radiator on the back of the case using a shroud.

Thanks for the tips. :)

ice_cubed    0
":176lntet]To mount the radiator on the fans was way too simple to think of.. lol

Now I'm thinking if I should do the inverse ATX thing and keep the radiator inside, or keep it normal and attach the radiator on the back of the case using a shroud.

Thanks for the tips. :)

If you are going to mount it on the back have a look at the Swfitech Radbox.