Sign in to follow this  
timwuk

Stacker 830 and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music

timwuk    0

Hi,

I recently purchased a Stacker 830 case. Unfortunately I am unable to figure out how to connect the headphone and microphone jack that is on the front of the case to my soundcard.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card installed on my computer, the connectors in the case don't fit anywhere on the card, does anyone have any ideas of how to connect the headphone and microphone jacks? Also has anyone been able to use the connectors that are in the case to connect to any soundcard?

Thanks

Timwuk

merovingian    0

Nope, I didn't spend much time though since my speakers came with a head unit that had a headphone jack. Might want to try creative's website for this one or just RTFM.

timwuk    0
Nope, I didn't spend much time though since my speakers came with a head unit that had a headphone jack. Might want to try creative's website for this one or just RTFM.

There is nothing in the manual on the case or the soundcard. That was OBVIOUSLY the first place I looked.

I would have thought that as coolermaster designed the case they would know how to connect the two front jacks to a PCI “industry standardâ€

seether    0

I have an Audigy 2 ZS, and had the same issues with my Stacker STC-T01, and I did some research, and theres no way you can connect them to the pins in the card, they are for the other cable that goes to the Audigy Front Panel.

But, I found a website where someone connected those cables to the pins in a white area of the card, he said they worked fine, I have tryied it, but the pins are not the standard size.

merovingian    0
I would have thought that as coolermaster designed the case they would know how to connect the two front jacks to a PCI “industry standardâ€

hokahoka    0

ID    0

RyanH    0

I read lots of extensive reviews on the new Creative X-fi lineup about a month back and ran into a lot of people complaining about this issue, which is why I decided to buy the platinim X-fi card, and I too have a Stacker 830 case. I'm almost positive this isn't an issue with the case, many people believe this is a marketing strategy by Creative to get more people to step up to the platinum edition and thus spend more money, but it's all speculation at this point. Have you tried emailing or calling Creative support?

XenoS    0

I have the Stacker 830, as well as a case from a competitor which also has the same internal audio connector. If you study any case that has internal audio connectors, you'll find they seem to be built around some particular standard, having to do with onboard sound most likely (on motherboards), and are all pretty much the same these days. Some cases keep the connector for each pin separate as well, though I don't think this is quite as common. Cooler Master went a step higher and provided for all possibilties with the 830 which shows their attention to detail IMHO. For what it's worth, both of my cases worked fine as is with the Karajan module on my DFI motherboard. I would say it's Creative's fault primarily for not realizing there is a standard to follow and supplying the proper pins/cables. Because of their monopolistic nature they have always been one to try to set closed standards however, and not follow the open ones, so your problem should not be much of a surprise when you think about it. You could probably make a mod yourself if you can figure out which pin does what on your sound card, but realize that each model can potentially be slightly different. I noticed this recently when looking at the Live Drive cables for my Sound Blaster Platinum, Audigy 2 Platinum, and X-Fi Platinum.

LarchOye    0

I found a website where someone connected those cables to the pins in a white area of the card, he said they worked fine, I have tryied it, but the pins are not the standard size.

I know this thread is old, and you probably can't remember where, but would you mind posting the link to where you found that? Or at least your google search string?

Heh, for future reference- make sure you post the link anytime you mention something like this!

thanks