Sign in to follow this  
RyanH

Questions about CM Extreme Power 600w PSU

RyanH    0

Y molex connector? What does that do make two molex connectors from one? I didn't realize those existed. And Then I can get a sata to molex adaptor too you're saying? ok great I'll look for those. Do most major etailers carry all these adaptors because when I checked the other day I couldn't find any.

merovingian    0
Y molex connector? What does that do make two molex connectors from one? I didn't realize those existed. And Then I can get a sata to molex adaptor too you're saying? ok great I'll look for those. Do most major etailers carry all these adaptors because when I checked the other day I couldn't find any.

Yes. Except I dunno about sata to molex but surely molex to sata. Good luck.

Warning: I would avoid using a sata to molex connecter to power anything but a hard drive or something of similar power. See how the four pin molex connecters run four wires all the way to the psu? Avoid putting more than about 100W on each of these total if you're going to use a bunch of y connecters. I don't actually know the correct number but if you exceed it in the best case you will have stability issues and in the worst case...well I've never heard of an electical fire in a computer but theoretically it's possible when overpowering small gauge power cables.

knud    129

That first review is of 18th of april. The definitive version wasn't release by then, if I'm right.

So the final version is sleeved and has PFC and it is 600watt

7a58e731c8e7519abe60572098ab16fa.jpg

PFC Active PFC (0.99)

0c7cedc425cde43093b550c5d8b4c308.jpg

your chosed PSU is PIECE OF SH*T, so did mine, it died in 30 days, check thise out:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/eXtremePower600W/

and read reviews from NEWEGG:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817171008

Have you try returning it? as far as i know there are faulty units as all products are the same. we've sold a lot of these and the return is very small. If you're unhappy, please feel free to ask us for a replacement.

What i don't get is two CM employees posted to assist you in your previous post but you didn't reply and keep in insisting bashing the PSU.

knud    129

He pm'd me, I pm'd back, and let's hope he reacts to that.

Please don't cross-post :)