Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Voong

Stacker 830 PCI Issue

Kevin Voong    0

Here is one solution that may resolve the issue with the uneven installation of the PCI-e and PCI cards. As you can see in the picture, the pci bracket on the VGA card has the end bent compared the pci bracket that comes from the case. Try to bend the tip on the end straight as we have found that this helps in the installation of the cards easier.

post-4572-13880421673084_thumb.jpg

post-4572-1388042167423_thumb.jpg

post-4572-13880421675297_thumb.jpg

Mr. Miyagi    2

CM isn't the only one with this problem. I had bend the PCI bracket for 375 HP systems that I had to image. Talk about fun.

attikusrex    0

I've done everything...

I even ripped the tip of the PCI metal off my card and it still didn't seat properly.

It's the risers or MB tray....

So I found loosening the risers worked though it was annoying because all should be the same height.

Maybe you guys should recheck your risers and/or ship new ones that work with the cases (unless the one I have is defective!?)

Clownzer    0

This is a double post but is needed for both sections:

OK I solved the problem!! It’s not the little braces that hold the pci bracket at the bottom at all. I took the motherboard out and slide the video card into an empty slot and it went into the bracket near the bottom all the way to the motherboard tray. So there is no problem there. The problem is where the video card starts on the pci bracket itself. I had the luxury of having two totally different pcie cards, one didn't seat corecctly (high on the pci bracket side) while the other seated perfectly fine. The difference is that the one that wouldn’t seat started about 1/8inch higher on the pci bracket then the other did. Therefore the one that worked was 1/8th inch closer to the bottom.

I hope I explained that well enough! So Coolermaster do you want an easy fix? Include 1/8 in long standoffs with the case! That’s it . Maybe a little shorter... 1/8th inch sounds good at this point of typing this, for the record I did not measure the exact height difference just noticed there was one and that was the hang-up!

for clarification when I say pci bracket I mean the bracket that is attached to the video card itself.

the pci brace is that little loop that the pci bracket slides into attached to the case.

dropper    0

OK I solved the problem!! It’s not the little braces that hold the pci bracket at the bottom at all. I took the motherboard out and slide the video card into an empty slot and it went into the bracket near the bottom all the way to the motherboard tray. So there is no problem there. The problem is where the video card starts on the pci bracket itself. I had the luxury of having two totally different pcie cards, one didn't seat corecctly (high on the pci bracket side) while the other seated perfectly fine. The difference is that the one that wouldn’t seat started about 1/8inch higher on the pci bracket then the other did. Therefore the one that worked was 1/8th inch closer to the bottom.

I hope I explained that well enough! So Coolermaster do you want an easy fix? Include 1/8 in long standoffs with the case! That’s it . Maybe a little shorter... 1/8th inch sounds good at this point of typing this, for the record I did not measure the exact height difference just noticed there was one and that was the hang-up!

for clarification when I say pci bracket I mean the bracket that is attached to the video card itself.

the pci brace is that little loop that the pci bracket slides into attached to the case.

Pictures?????

Oblique82    0

If longer standoffs are used then presumably the I/O shield plate will not line up!

This is a serious issue. Im starting to wish I hadn't put this product on order

Oblique82    0

Its definately not the slits causing the problem the slits are fine.

I received my case today, and tried to install my asus a8n32 sli.

disappointingly I have this problem.

This case does Not work as advertised and I and bloody angry about it.

Coolermaster you will be hearing from me, both in writing and probably by phone- all the way from australia.

This is entirely unacceptable.

I love the design of this case so much- and i have waited 3 months for my order to arrive due to delays.