Sign in to follow this  
NHS

How to add more drives

NHS    0

Hi Everyone

I have a Stacker STC-T01, currently with 3 4-in-3 modules, does anyone have any suggestions on how I could install a fourth module?

Many thanks

Phil

dropper    0

Yeah, dump the 4 in 3's and get a 5-in-3 solution like this.

I think I have seen similar ones for cheaper, but that is what came up with a quick search.

Keith

Phuncz    0

You can put four 4-in-3 devices in the stacker, but you have to relocate the function panel (power/reset buttons, USB, sound) to somewhere else. Than you can fit in about 16 drives. Even more wouldn't be easy to pull off to keep the case manageable :)

dropper    0
You can put four 4-in-3 devices in the stacker, but you have to relocate the function panel (power/reset buttons, USB, sound) to somewhere else. Than you can fit in about 16 drives. Even more wouldn't be easy to pull off to keep the case manageable :)

Yes, but with my solution, you could keep the panel and have room for a CD/DVD ROM and have capacity for 15 drives.

There are also 3-in-2 racks that would allow one to put a few more drives in and still keep the fuction panel.

Keith

rijko    0

dunno if you need the front panel ?

i removed mine and fitted a 4th 4-in-3.

I use the chassis 'intrusion detection' button on the back as power button for those rare times i turn off the machine and need to power it on again.

Usually i use WOL to remotely turn the machine on, or a keyboard hotkey for that purpose.

USB comes from the back of the chassis, sound too.