Sign in to follow this  
XenoS

Keeping aluminum finger print free?

XenoS    0

Title says it all. Doesn't matter how careful I am, finger prints are inevitable and start to etch into the aluminum rather quickly it would seem. Is there an easy way to remove marks such as these long after the damage has been done? I did look for a polish that might work, like Brasso except for aluminum, but haven't had much luck. Recently replaced an competitor with the much superior Cooler Master Stacker 830 and plan to do the same with two older competitor cases (the wifes at the very least). Would love to get them into a sellable condition and prevent what happened to them from happening to my beautiful Cooler Master cases. Thanks a bunch everyone! :)

[Mod Edit]Please refrain from discussing competitor's products. Thank you.

Karma Ghost    0

I got a lot of fingerprints on my Praetorian, and they are probably the most annoying thing ever. I did not find a suitable solution to clear them off, what I usually ended up doing was wiping the exterior of the case down with a soft, slightly damp rag. That did the trick for me.

XenoS    0

thanks for the reply as well. I've indeed been using a soft cloth to wipe down my Stacker 830 often, but it hasn't been a perfect solution. Finger prints are still slowly appearing over time. You are correct when you say that it is "the most annoying thing ever". ;)

XenoS    0
It's a fine line and we tend to stick to a close to zero tolerance policy on this particular subject because as you said, it's a cut throat industry, you understand.

Excuse me, are you saying I'm a corporate shill here to tell people to buy... uhmmm... what? Cooler Master products instead of competitors stuff? Because that is how it would look based on your post lol! ;)

Edit: Hey! Your post disappeared! :shock:

merovingian    0
It's a fine line and we tend to stick to a close to zero tolerance policy on this particular subject because as you said, it's a cut throat industry, you understand.

Excuse me, are you saying I'm a corporate shill here to tell people to buy... uhmmm... what? Cooler Master products instead of competitors stuff? Because that is how it would look based on your post lol! ;)

Edit: Hey! Your post disappeared! :shock:

Yeah, that's weird. No I'm not saying that at all but it is in part why the policy exists and as a result our actions relflect our aim to be consistent.

RaptorFury    0

have u tried using a oil based product on your case ? like orange oil polish for furniture , or murphey's oil would be the best choice . just put it on a rag ( soft ) small amount , then wipe entire case dont leave the residue of the oil ... that is how i do my case after i paint it ( of coarse i wait for bout a week after the painting has been done ) to help protect it ...

ice_cubed    0
Doesn't matter how careful I am, finger prints are inevitable and start to etch into the aluminum rather quickly it would seem.

Aluminum should not etch if it is anodized.

I like Mothers Mag Cleaner for cleaning up aluminum, but it may brighten the finish more than you want. I use car wax to prevent finger prints. It works great.

XenoS    0

I'd be a bit scared to put an oil on the Cooler Master. Car products isn't something I had not considered though, like mag wheel cleaner or something. I'll have to take a look, thanks for your comments!

I painted the aluminum on my stacker with auto top coat and then polished it to look like glass. It actually accents the brushed aluminium finish. and i never get fingerprints. :)