Sign in to follow this  
hokahoka

Stacker USB/Firewire header extenders?

hokahoka    0

The internal firewire cable doesn't fit all the way to the bottom left (from the top right of the case), and the USB cables barely fit to my a8n32. Ideally I'd like them to be extended another 6-9" so that I can not only hook up the firewire, but also loosen up the cables so I can manage them a bit better. Anyone have a solution (I can't find any extender cables) without hacking up on the cables?

dropper    0
The internal firewire cable doesn't fit all the way to the bottom left (from the top right of the case), and the USB cables barely fit to my a8n32. Ideally I'd like them to be extended another 6-9" so that I can not only hook up the firewire, but also loosen up the cables so I can manage them a bit better. Anyone have a solution (I can't find any extender cables) without hacking up on the cables?

One thing you can do, and what I eventually did, was move the panel down to another spot on the case. I moved mine below my CDs and Floppy, because if I had any cables plugged into the USB ports, they were getting caught by the drive trays. This also made my audio cables easier to route.

Keith

hokahoka    0

I should have mentioned that this is the Stacker 830, and as far as I can tell the plugs are built into/around the plastic at the top (not something you could move happily). I found some cables online but they are 2-6 feet long, so not something ideal. a simple M-M connector and a smaller one would do but I can't seem to find any.

dropper    0

Check out FrontX. They have several types of internal connectors and type changers that should work. On this page, they have internal M-F USB and Firewire cables that should work. Shortest I saw was 2 foot, but you could easily hide excess cabling.

Keith

hokahoka    0

Thanks, hopefully the overall cable length is still within (or close enough) to specifications. I could always hack those cables if I really needed to as well I suppose. I just wish the stock cables were long enough to reach the whole way!