Sign in to follow this  
Pug 1o6

Fan cool direction?

Pug 1o6    0

Hi,

I´ve got a doubt: the front case fan, should make air go out the case or go to inside the case, so the air flow goes all outside the case by the rear case fan?

Please, help me..., i think i´ve got the front fan in wrong position...

Regards.

Amodedude1    0
Your front case fan should generally be pulling cool air into the case while your rear pushes it out :)

Thats right. For example you can look at this ms paint job I did last month to show the best way to, go for me at least, when mounting an aquagate mini r80. This will apply with just fans too tho.

th_edba7_air_flow_feels_good!.JPG

But I'd say to just try out differant methods. Sometimes doing it the opposite way will result in cooler temps. This could be because the fan blows right across the heatsinks fins. Or it could make your temps higher by sucking in the hot air from your PSU. So just try it. :wink:

RaptorFury    0

its allways best to set the fans to blow in from front and side an out rear and top . but this isnt the case all the time good idea is to chang postions of fans and watch temps

dragon83    0

the best way would be front and top is intake and the back is out.This way the air flow is optimal.Stacker cases also have the possibility to take in from the side.

ID    0
the best way would be front and top is intake and the back is out.This way the air flow is optimal.Stacker cases also have the possibility to take in from the side.

Top as intake? I always figured top should be exhaust, since hot air rises...

knud    129

Yeah, on the top an exhaust fan, that's the most logic one.

But I would be something new, a reverse air flow. But not the most efficient one. :lol:

TronX    0

I like those cases with the CPU airducts on the side. I find that the front fans make too much noise and don't really help over all with temps on a case like with the CoolerMaster Cent5 because of so many holes.

A fan on the top would be nice, but it should pull air out and not in.

Most of the cold... hmmm.. not really cold.. normal air comes from all over the case, but in theory the front or side is the direction point for entry air.

I think it's good to have more fans pulling air out. Heck it's best not to have the side of your case on at all if you can help it..lol I do this with water cooling rigs because I don't trust them and check for water before turning on.

On some lower-end systems I don't even use rear fans because the PSU fan is enough. However in a system like this it only works because there are no parts like 7800GTX's in SLI with 600WATT PSU's and Raptor drives in Raid with very hot CPU's.

Jackpine    0

I have the Centurion 5 CAC-T05 US and was considering installing an 80 mm fan inbetween the side of the case and the funnel, or at the grid opening next to the funnel, or both.

What would you suggest?