Sign in to follow this  
misterLOBY

"Raptor-friendly" Cooler Master case

misterLOBY    0

According to an article in the March 2006 edition of Maximum PC, Western Digital has an agreement with Cooler Master and other case makers to produce a see-through drive bay case. It's geared for those that bought a new Raptor X and want to show it off.

Is this true? If so, it sounds cool. Do you guys know about this? Can we have a sneak peek?

-misterLOBY

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i'm sorry the raptor X is just an overpriced harddisk, theres no point paying £40more for a hard disk with a window on top, since most of the raptor 150 is foam theres no huge point, and the only case i can see being able to flash it off would be one of those genric perspex cases you see flaoting about.

I have to say im against the idea, hard disks create alot of vibrations, infact ever since my window broke my hard disks cause the window to rattle slightly, very annoying.

dropper    0
i'm sorry the raptor X is just an overpriced harddisk, theres no point paying £40more for a hard disk with a window on top, since most of the raptor 150 is foam theres no huge point, and the only case i can see being able to flash it off would be one of those genric perspex cases you see flaoting about.

I have to say im against the idea, hard disks create alot of vibrations, infact ever since my window broke my hard disks cause the window to rattle slightly, very annoying.

If you go to the website, you will see that they put a bit of effort into the design of the window. Plus, these Raptors are server class drives and should vibrate less.

As to the whole point of having a window mod on the drive, it is a matter of taste. If you think it's an overpriced HD, you're right, but that case of yours with the window, is an overpriced case. You could just get a dull beige steel box that would just work.

Even though I don't have a lot of people walking though my home, I personally like the look of my PC. If a windowed drive would be visible in my Stacker (STC-01), I might consider it (just for my own pleasure). [vanity]Judging by the over 1400 hits for my photo albums, it seems others like to look, too. [/vanity]

Just don't be too quick to dismiss something just because it's not your taste.

We got a few sample and they're very quiet and fast HDD. Seeing it spinning in action is an attention grabber as well.

As far as CM planning for a new case to meet the requirement of this drive... :D

-_JonA_-    0

this would be Awsome... The price will decrease... i guess... I'm having now a 74GB Raptor, a year ago it was also expensive! now is it double capacity... I like it... and it would be nice, if it would be possibe to better see the HDDs in a Case!!

now i don't see them in my Stacker01 :-( ...