Sign in to follow this  
Giorgio

LGA775 support for Aquagate

Giorgio    0

Finally my Aquagate is on it's way, it took me quite a while before I could get my hands on one overhere in Belgium. Now that the problem of getting one is solved I can tackle the next one :wink:.

And the next one is LGA775 support... I'm currently assembling a new machine (which I hope to enter in the Cooler Master case modding competition) and it's based on a LGA775 motherboard.

So my question is: will there be an upgrade or will parts come available to use the Aquagate on a LGA775 motherboard? If so what's the planning and how and when will we be able to get the parts?

kind regards,

Giorgio

The new Aquagate will support LGA775, dual CPUs, and VGA. This will come with a more powerful radiator and silent fans. If you have the old Aquagate, you could also purchase these features as well. I believe it will be available next month.

Giorgio    0
If you have the old Aquagate, you could also purchase these features as well. I believe it will be available next month.

Hi Bryant,

thanks for your reply. So if I understand it well it will be possible to 'upgrade' to 'old' one to support LGA775, dual CPU, VGA, etc. My mean concern is to get the bracket to keep the CPU cooling unit to the CPU but if there's more then that in the upgrade package that's naturally even better...

Giorgio

Giorgio    0

Fantastic! I knew Cooler Master wouldn't let us down :wink: Hopefully it won't take too much time (once it's released) to get it here in Belgium.

Giorgio

don_wong67    0

@Bryant

Any idea how much better the new fans and radiator will be? Personally I think the idea of the aquagate is great... but it's cooling performance leaves me a little wanting. And on this topic, do you think it would be ok if I added another reservoir/radiator onto my existing aquagate setup? I'm just a little worried if the tiny pump will be powerful enough.... Thanks.

don_wong67    0
I'm pretty sure you could just add another pump if that were the case.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.... adding an extra pump, radiator, reservoir.

How does this sequence sound?

Aquagate>New Reservoir>New Pump>CPU>New Radiator>Aquagate

I think this way the CPU would get maximum flow water flow. Any suggestions?