Sign in to follow this  
attikusrex

Stacker 830 problems!!!!!!!!!!

Amodedude1    0

This is a quote from http://www.systemcooling.com/cm_stacker830-08.html :arrow:

The other item in not so much of a warning as it is an observation. The standoffs used by Cooler Master are longer than standard ones, so when you're installing your motherboard, make sure that you're using the supplied standoffs. Otherwise, you might find little nasty things like your video card won't fit, etc.

Did you guys miss this post???

If you use the stand offs that came with your mobo or the ones from your old case the your gonna have that problem. I would sugest you use the ones that came with the case. If you are then you got a problem. This would explain the fact that if you unscrew your mobo standoff's a bit you get a better fit.

But mabey I missed something.

Let me know!

attikusrex    0

yeah I used the risers from the packaging. It seems that the MAIN issue is the slits...I don't know why the representative of coolermaster on the phone said PUT THEM BEHIND the slit when there's obviously no room for that. But if you widen the slits a bit, the pci cards/agp cards fit almost perfectly...

and oh yeah, you don't have to feel like breaking them when you're jamming them in (because you don't have to jam them in anymore)

h0tr0d    0

Trying to install a MSI AGP board.. socket 939. I couldn't install my AGP card, as it wouldnt line up with the case right, like 1/8"" too low or high or such.

But I put in an Asus A8N32-ALI Deluxe, fits just fine. Two PCI_E Evga cards, fits fine.

BUT my PC Power and Cooling 850-SSI won't fit. Slides in about 2/3 of the eay before hitting the metal clips on the ceiling of the case, where you clip on a fan if needed. They aren't removable, or bendable so I guess some pliers and a hammer is in order.

The motherboard being grounded(touching the case) is usuaally the problem he speaks of, why everyone is saying use the standoff screws(posts) that come with the case.

BUT..there IS an issue with PCI/AGP cards, and not seating because the back slits interfere. As I said, just a fraction of an inch off or such.

Newer boards seem to work just fine. Again, it isn't a card issue... but the pci slot lining up with the back slit of the case.

Oblique82    0
BUT my PC Power and Cooling 850-SSI won't fit. Slides in about 2/3 of the eay before hitting the metal clips on the ceiling of the case, where you clip on a fan if needed. They aren't removable, or bendable so I guess some pliers and a hammer is in order.

Hmm just curious- I have a long psu as wel- can you do a favour- and measure exacty how many cm/mm long a psu can be before it hits those clips?(be as accurate as possible)

thanks

for the record the model of psu you specify is 230 mm long (86 x 150 x 230)

h0tr0d    0

I don't have a ruler on hand...or measure... but tommorow I'll try s..borrowing one from work. It was around 2 inches from memory sake.. I'll try and check tomorrow. But it isn't like it almost fits... it doesn't even come close with the 2 metal ceiling fan case brackets...

Maybe more like 3/4 the way in... or 5/8 then 2/3 .. lol.

dropper    0
Trying to install a MSI AGP board.. socket 939. I couldn't install my AGP card, as it wouldnt line up with the case right, like 1/8"" too low or high or such.

But I put in an Asus A8N32-ALI Deluxe, fits just fine. Two PCI_E Evga cards, fits fine.

Why does this not make any sense? Motherboards usually are all about the same thickness, plus the slots should be the same height.

Is there anyway you could compare the two boards from the rear edge?

Keith

HQ are on vacation for Chinese New Year this week. We've already contacted them regarding some of the fitting issue and we will post an answer as soon as we get it. They're going to do testing for us.

SilentBotts    0

I've been having similar problems with my Stacker 830. I'm using an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, the board won't allign properly over the standoffs.

Also I can't get any PCI cards to fully seat themselves in the slots on the motherboard, the PCI bracket seems to be just a few mm to long.