Sign in to follow this  
attikusrex

Stacker 830 problems!!!!!!!!!!

attikusrex    0

thanks for your help, but I honestly think the revisions to the module will be a step forward, and even if the cost is upped 5-10 (which SHOULD ONLY BE 5) people WOULD BUY IT! Everything is becoming aluminum now, my cheap aspire (the one before this case) X-N$$$g$tor had aluminum 3.5 cages in an all Aluminum case about $100.

True it's about saving money (making money), but people will buy this, especially if there're improvements on drive separation (more airflow, more cooler drives). I was scared when the n$$$g$tor drives were so close together (similar to the infamous SOHO fileserver from antec btw) but it did have an 80mm fan. But how close these 4 are is scary! This can be greatly improved...and add a few more points to this next generation case. Doesn't it deserve the improved drive cage to go with it (and I know it's older brother would love it too)

But thanks for your help again, I'm looking forward to these pictures....

Also, I tried using that hidden 5.25 bay on the top, it's almost impossible to work with! The USB board is too far out(in) the case to allow any mounting of another hidden hard drive or any of the sort!

Don't know why even make a slot if it's that hard to mount. Just another design issue for me :(

Can't ALWAYS make people happy huh? But this has to be the most anticipated case of all times....(with probably the TJ07 coming closer and closer...)

Answer to Oblique, when removing the MB the slits prevent cards going from completely in. I did bend 1 a bit and was able to put a card in all the way (in which the end is a good distance away from the MB tray itself. When the MB is on it's better though not 100% - and in this case it seems like the risers aren't high enough! The card is still not completely flushed....in the same area...

Oblique82    0

right thanks for tht.

Ive just reviewed the photos again-

The issue you describe seems most consistant with the motherboard being too close to its mountng tray- as if there should be slightly greater distance betwen them.

can you confirm that the mounting tray panel is complettely dead flat- and not warped at all?

theoretically if it was warped downwards slightly towards the pci brackets, and the motherboard was sitting on top of it, it would pull the motherboard card slot down away from the pci card

edit this problem could also be caused by some oft he standoff screws being slightly shorter on that side. are they all the same length and screwed in the same amount?

thanks

Oblique82    0

addit: actually have you tried slightly unscrewing the standoff screws (assiming they have a decent length of thread) to raise the motherboard a little higher?

edit: also I don't see why you blame those slots/slits so much- it looks like your pci card is flush against the pci thumbscrew hole part of the case at the top anyway.

attikusrex    0

I'll reinstall all the risers tomorrow and seem what happens. But as it looks the MB tray (well it seems) doesn't look all that warped. It doesn't look warped at all.

However, with the slits widened a bit (as I did to that 1) it did fit a lot better even though it's not 100%.

My question would be, is it bad for the cards not to be 100% fully seated? Before my MB died it seemed that everything worked with the situation shown in the pic (though it was a bit annoying to slam in the cards).

With the slits bent it seems a bit more doable...any suggestions on somehow evening it? Perhaps loosening the risers near the IO shield side or something and bending all the slits outward?

ID    0
We don't know if he made it! I would not assume...

Hokahoka said he did in the second post. See the link I posted.

ID    0

Okay... so that's one motherboard that fits... and we don't know what kind it is... :?

It's not the MB. The MB has nothing to do with it. We tried with 1 x biostar and 1 MSI MB and they both fit. It does however takes a little effort to push that PCI sound card in.

attikusrex    0

So I'm going to take a guess that it's truly the slits? I find that if I bend them it's SOOOO much easier to put in the cards, and even though they're not 100% seated, they are seated pretty well (I can probably do minor riser adjustments to fix it).

Check the slits on your MB tray, are they bigger than mine?

Really hard to tell from pictures but we've checked with numerous PCI cards and the base is all the same size. Unless there are some PCI card that makes it slightly larger.