Sign in to follow this  
attikusrex

Stacker 830 problems!!!!!!!!!!

attikusrex    0

Ok, I was one of those people who couldn't wait to get my grueling hands on one of the best anticipated cases in all times. Once I saw one place have a price drop I got it.

And honestly...I think it's a bit overpriced for what it has/does...But I'll post my review later.

To all those who have the 830, how did you install the MB and PCI/agp cards!?!?!

I moved my MB to this new sweet looking case and it stopped working! So I tested everything I could think of! And then after a while I took it out and noticed that the PCI/AGP cards weren't fully seated in! What is that about?

So I tested my MB again (out of the case), still nothing! But I'm wondering because they weren't seated in that itprobably destroyed my MB?

WHat's up with this!? I called a rep @ coolermaster and he says that the PCI cards have to go BEHIND the slit (there's a slit that holds the cover slots for the expansion slots and it's a bit of a tight fit for PCI cards to fit in)

But with the motherboard fully screwed in, there IS NO PLACE for the PCI/AGP cards to go but in the slit and remain not fully seated in!

Anyone of you who have this case encouter this problem!?!? Did you use the slit or did it not exist in your versions!? I hear people installing it pretty nicely but how come I have this problem? How can I fix it?

This kinda sucks...I think I might have to buy a new MB because of this :(

I had it working for a while and it just turned off and now it would never post again :( Damnit...the simpler cheaper cases such as aspire don't have this stupid problem! AGh....makes me frustrated, and for the rep to say don't put it in the slits but behind them (which is impossible unless you want to bend your pci metal tops or destroy your MB!)

Someone, help!

Such an expensive case and I get this lack of quality from the build! So frustration :(

someone plz do help and add more 830 problems if you wish.......

ID    0

It would help if you told us what kind of motherboard you're using. Posting some pics always helps as well.

Amodedude1    0

Yes yes, there is someone else who has had this problem.

Here :arrow:http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4070

His problem is eerily similar to yours. Almost too similar!!! Are you two the same person :shock: OMG. JK :lol: I'm sure your not the same guy. (or gal) LOL

Apparently this is a really big problem. I have had two Coolermaster cases and never had a problem even remotely similar to this. But if it is true then I'd have to say that Coolermaster really needs to own up to it and start making revisions to at least their most popular cases.

Unfortunately, there has been a lot of talk around the forum concerning the quality of CM products. I really hope these issues get resolved. also Don't let the customer service get as bad as it is in Europe, or as they say?!

Anyway, ID is right, you really really should post a picture! Post a Pic and we will be more capable of helping you out. :wink:

ID    0
Yes yes, there is someone else who has had this problem.

Here :arrow:http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4070

His problem is eerily similar to yours. Almost too similar!!! Are you two the same person :shock: OMG. JK :lol: I'm sure your not the same guy. (or gal) LOL

That was a Stacker 810, attikusrex is having trouble with the Stacker 830... so it's definitely not the same problem, or the same case.

notoriousbigs is the one you'll want to talk to attikusrex. He's tested a few boards on the 830 that have worked, so he'll have a better idea than any of us. I'm not sure how you could have reuined your mobo just by installing it in the case. Did you try putting it back into your previous case and booting up?

Amodedude1    0
That was a Stacker 810, attikusrex is having trouble with the Stacker 830... so it's definitely not the same problem, or the same case.

I know, I was just pointing out how similar the two issues are. Remarkable to me! When i said "case" I ment issue not 'a computer case'. lol

Oblique82    0

This makes me feel anxious now. I just spent good money to order this case for my asus a8n32!

Will it work?

EDIT: btw did you remember the standoff screws?

ID    0
This makes me feel anxious now. I just spent good money to order this case for my asus a8n32!

Will it work?

EDIT: btw did you remember the standoff screws?

Click.

It looks like this individual was able to make it work in the end. Unfortunately he didn't provide pics either, so we can't tell how close it was.

attikusrex    0

yeah don't assume i've gotten it fix, i'm taking pics now and they should be up shortly. Unfortunately my mobo is dead...and it might have not been the case's fault though I don't think it's healthy for the cards to be half-seated.

Instead of paying attention to the lights on my MSI Neo2-fis2r I looked at the MB fan and noticed it was having trouble turning...so I assume....that it eventually broke (somehow exactly the time when transferring cases) because of overheating...it would make sense since I don't even get beeps anymore.

Stay tuned for the pics, hopefully some useful feedback will follow...I don't understand why those slits were necessary!

EDIT: Here are the pics and of course I didn't forget the raisers...it wouldn't make any sense if that were to happen...

Yeah I was curious of this was related to the original stacker problem I've been recently hearing about (because I'm looking to see if other ppl had issues with the 830, but all I came up with was original stacker problems)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2521455360.jpg&s=x4

As you can see, the crazy removeable mb tray with the raisers....

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2521495966.jpg&s=x4

Here are the slits I'm talking about, close up. The rep said they were meant to hold their covers on and not for cards!?!? WTF! Where do you put those PCI/AGP cards then...?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2521463455.jpg&s=x4

Now you can see the MB screwed in, it's kind of smooth like the regular installation process. Note where the slits are.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2521473731.jpg&s=x4

And a PCI card installed, looks good though it was a pain in the butt to install (pain in the butt to take out as well), because the tip goes RIGHT INTO the slits and they're not big enough...so after some gentle jamming...it's flushed against the back - sorta...put the place where you screw it in is flushed against the backplate..

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/2521461659.jpg&s=x4

Then you look closer, it's not fully seated.

How can something like this be overlooked? Wasn't this case tested constantly? How is everyone installing their hardware! I'm so angry....though before I was in denial I now know the MB is dead and have to get a new one without truly knowing if this contributed to it...

Damn....

EDIT: testing imaging....doesn't work still

2521473731.jpg&s=x4

Pics would definitely help. We're going to post pictures too of how we got our installed. ALso could you let us know what PCI card you're using that's not fitting?