Sign in to follow this  
misterLOBY

Blue Ice NB cooler

misterLOBY    0
Oh, and one more thing misterLOBY, how much ram do you have in your system? You have all 4 slots filled! Thats crazy! LOL

1GB total. (4 x 256MB pc3200)

-misterLOBY

misterLOBY    0
Did you over clock at all? If so how much did the blue ice help your OC?

sorry, no overclocking here.

i'm still considered a newbie. i did however realize that i needed to cool the northbridge chipset after the original fan failed. i was going to go with the original blue ice which is a heatsink only but saw the new blue ice and thought I give that a shot.

glad i did.

-misterLOBY

Amodedude1    0

Well I finally got my blue ice in the mail yesterday after 7 days of USPS SUPER SLOW super saver shipping.

First off, it's a great product, other than the manual, which was completely useless. :cry: Thankfully the installation was super easy and didn't even require good instructions.

Anyway, for the record, my blue ice helped me out pretty good as far as overclocking goes. Although, I would not buy it just to get a better overclock.

It only gave me an increase of I think about 10-15 MHz. I wet from being able to OC my old 2.6GHz Pentium 4 from 2.92GHz to finally a stable 3.00 GHz. That made me real happy, I always wanted to break the 3.00 GHz barrier.

Personally this is kind of amazing, because I didn't think I would get such a good increase in performance and stability. But then again, just look at it's size. It's huge for a chipset cooler! Also, I went from a passive Northbridge cooler to this, so that could of made a big difference too.

Thanks for another kick butt product coolermaster! :P

stylish83    0

i had found this product hard to install on my mb....unfortunately i dont have holes in the mb but hooks....

there has been times were it has fell off and pulled my clips out from my mb...this thing had done my head in but it works now...looks good...work perfect...but shame it not designed for a simple installment...

misterLOBY    0
i had found this product hard to install on my mb....unfortunately i dont have holes in the mb but hooks....

there has been times were it has fell off and pulled my clips out from my mb...this thing had done my head in but it works now...looks good...work perfect...but shame it not designed for a simple installment...

Funny you should mention this...

a couple of days ago, my cm blue ice nb cooler that I had installed also fell taking the mb clips with it. I had my friend come in and help with the installtion. He used the remaining clips. However, sad to say the nb cooler fell again taking the remaining clips. I can't use the cooler now.

I just ordered the original cm blue ice (heatsink only). I'm using my pIII system right now while the main system is out of commision.

Like I said in my original post, this was a pain-in-the-:) to install. Once installed though, it worked perfectly. i don't understand why it fell, the system doesn't move.

I'll post pics when my main is up & running.

-misterLOBY