Sign in to follow this  
hokahoka

Stacker 830 can't fit the a8n32 motherboard?

h0tr0d    0

It appears that only the upper left corner has issues? Where are your ports are, sticking out the back of the case, ps/2, com, usb, those ports. My guess offhand is they're catching on the case, or something and not fitting in the hole correctly, causing the board to be a alittle off.

I have the same mobo, and case, sittin gon my floor behind me as I work on it.. and it fit fine. Easy cheesy.

Make sure(and you probably know), that.. well, I loosen all my mobo screws up when I have such issues. I have all my daughter cards, or my video cards etc removed, no add-in cards at ALL, maybe the cpu fine.. and ram.. and make sure the board seats.

The very very first thing you do with case and board is check for fit, or adjustments needed if any. THEN you place cpu ram, and heatsink/cooler on.. see if that stuff works.

IT has to be catching on something, go ahead remove everything, disconnect everything.

Take the tray, make sure your screwposts, or standoff? screws are in the 9 correct slots..and place the board on it, no screwing in.... should work fine. I'm not seeing(looking at my tray atm) what your problem is that you're describing.

hokahoka    0

The motherboard was originally placed into the tray without any cards installed, without RAM/CPU or any cables plugged in. Still didn't fit. I know where the problem is, just to the top right of the screw above the red SATA connector in the middle. You can see that the motherboard edge is hitting the metal post. I had my roommate also check it out and we were both befuddled as to what was going wrong, and now I'm positively convinced that its a manuf. defect, and that its simply out of spec, since so many other people have installed into this case successfully.

h0tr0d    0

Probably is... but just sounds like something is catching on something... like an extra screwpost(standoff screw) or something on the case. I guess I'd have to see it myself to actually know:)

hokahoka    0

I can assure you its not catching on anything. It is 100% touching at that point, which prevented it from being put in further. If it was catching on something else, it would be caught before that point, but instead its being pushed out to the maximal location.

wvictor    0

I am also having similar problems with the Asus a8n32 mobo and my stacker 830.

All of the parts that I ordered from New Egg were delivered on Friday and I spent the weekend assembling my rig.

First problem I encountered was the same one that hokahoka experienced. After placing my risers and sitting the mobo on them I noticed that something was off. Checked placement of risers, checked for snagging...nothing. There seemed to be some give on the I/O panel side of the mobo tray though. I figured with some gentle pressure I could get them to line up. One by one I pushed them in to place and inserted a screw. The last one needed an uncomfortable amount of pressure to get the screw in properly. While it worked I would say there is a unnecessary amount (big or small) of tension on the mobo now.

With that working I went about setting the rest of the components up. With everything assembled it was time to hit the power button...

Haza! Everything powers up! But....

No video signal to the monitor. Checked the video card and it seemed to not be nested properly. Checked the Forum and noticed that there were some postings about this issue. I tried the one that suggested slightly bending the end of the PCIx bracket so it would enter then "slot" better. Seemed to go in further but still no video.

So now what? I see similar postings of problems in other threads (Stacker 830 problems!!!!!!!!) and alot of debate that seems to be going nowhere. Admins, what's the latest? An official response/solution to this problem from Cooler Master would be nice. Sooner than later I would hope.

Oblique82    0

I need an official response on this too. What sort of customer support can we expect with view to a solution?

If there is a manufacturing defect affecting the removable motherboard tray it seems fair that this fix at the production end, and be replaced and mailed out to users.

In fact some users on these boards have reported damage to parts (motherboard, graphics card) as a result of this issue.

Mandor    0

This is clearly unacceptable. I am happy I didn't order this otherwise, I must say, very impressive case before I came over this forum.

This and the PCI slot issue MUST be fixed in order to even think about calling it a fully released product.

The problem is that people are buying it right now.

Oblique82    0

Yep I ordered mine a month ago as part of a package order. When the seasonic PSU's come in stock (which was last friday) the package will ship- so i expect to get my 830 this week.

I have the a8n32sli.

I can only pray