Sign in to follow this  
sorjorla

Survey: Your next power supply purchase (Blue Ice Giveaway!)

What is the most important criteria when you decide to buy the next power supply?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important criteria when you decide to buy the next power supply?

• Wattage
    • MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure)
    • Price
    • Appearance
    • Efficiency

ninuhadida    0

yeah it would definately be nice to have a high quality fanless psu at an acceptable price.

it'll be hard but i think it can be possible.. and remeber that not only the mosfets needs to be cooled down in the psu but also other components such as capacitors, resistors, etc (actually there was over heating trouble with psus that only had the mosfets watercooled and fanles... cuss the other stuff wasnt being cooled down

Wacft    0

lol, i should edit that post and put in my name, hahahahaha.

congrats domo!!!!!!!

ID    0

Haha I'd respect that.

Karma Ghost    0

congrats domo!!!!!!!

How do you think I won the Christmas contest? :roll:

:lol::lol:

Congrats domo!

ice_cubed    0
What I'm saying regarding the "bigger is better and means less heat" is that if for example (figures plucked at random):

All coolermaster brand psu's produced 1watt of heat for every 2watts of power drawn from the supply, therefore if you had a 400 watt CM psu and pulled 300 watts from it, it would produce 150 watts of heat, if you had a 600 watt CM psu and drew the same 300 watts from it, it would still only produce 150 watts of heat, technically.

From the same vendor, I expect their 600 watt psu would have better components compared to their 300 watt psu. Are you saying that better components don't make a difference with respect to heat produced?

Obviously, this isn't taking into consideration that the 600 watt version in this example would contain bigger heatsinks and faster fans because it's capable of producing more heat than the 400 watt version (300 watts of heat v's 200 watts of heat) so it may (however, not usually) physically be cooler because of this.

As long as the air is cooler than the surface being cooled, are you saying that more air passing over a larger surface doesn't cool better?

ID    0

congrats domo!!!!!!!

How do you think I won the Christmas contest? :roll:

:lol::lol:

Congrats domo!

I've won all my contests based just on the fact that I kick :), I'm convinced of it.

:D

warmonger    0

how did i miss this one? :cry: if no one's mentioned it, in addition to all the res, it's gotta modular and if the ATX cable can't be for some reason, then atleast sleeved