Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

Stacker 830 now available

Is it possible to mount 120mm fans at the front of the case without the use of an HDD cage? :?:
Yes you could mount it without the 4-in-3 device module. You would need to have a fan bracket that's included with the case.

I am curious about pricing. Does coolermaster give them a suggested price range? Or it a free for all whatever a retailer wants to charge? I know in other products the companies are force to have a small price range and that is why rebates are involved to lower prices.

We set an MSRP that our customers could not sell lower but they have every right to sell it higher.

FusionNV    0

I am curious about pricing. Does coolermaster give them a suggested price range? Or it a free for all whatever a retailer wants to charge? I know in other products the companies are force to have a small price range and that is why rebates are involved to lower prices.

We set an MSRP that our customers could not sell lower but they have every right to sell it higher.

So basically I am not going to do better than $249 per unit. Sites have different MSRP prices. I just want to make sure that is the official MSRP.

Makubex_GB    0
Is it possible to mount 120mm fans at the front of the case without the use of an HDD cage? :?:
Yes you could mount it without the 4-in-3 device module. You would need to have a fan bracket that's included with the case.

Isn't the 4-in-3 device module the HDD cage I'm talking about? Could I install a 120mm at the front without using the 4-in-3 device module?

ID    0

Isn't the 4-in-3 device module the HDD cage I'm talking about? Could I install a 120mm at the front without using the 4-in-3 device module?

Read his reply a bit closer. He just answered you straight up.

gsaviard    0

Hi Notoriousbig,

This baby make me dream off, obiviously no black paint :(

but i'm wondering if I will be able to mount a E-ATX Supermicro X6DA8-G2 on it as supermicro is assuming that Cpu mounting hole is on the chassis,

Any clue?

Best regards,

Guillaume,

Hi Notoriousbig,

This baby make me dream off, obiviously no black paint :(

but i'm wondering if I will be able to mount a E-ATX Supermicro X6DA8-G2 on it as supermicro is assuming that Cpu mounting hole is on the chassis,

Any clue?

Best regards,

Guillaume,

Yes this case has mounting holes for Nocona CPU. Also it does support E-ATX MB.

Makubex_GB    0

Read his reply a bit closer. He just answered you straight up.

LoL, yeah my bad. Guess I was sleepy or something. :P

BTW, that's great news. :D

dropper    0

So basically I am not going to do better than $249 per unit. Sites have different MSRP prices. I just want to make sure that is the official MSRP.

Well, that's not really true. Here in the US, you can sell a product for any price you wish to, hence the "S" in MSRP (Minimum Suggested Retail Price). Now, they do have control over ads, since it is their product and they hold the copyright to it, but that is MAP (Minimum Advertized Price).

Hence, you may go to places like Amazon and they won't show you the price until you "purchase it" (place it in your basket), because it falls below the MAP for the product.

Now, CM may charge their distributors nearly the MSRP, making very little profit, so you may not see the cost go below a certain point. A company may provide incentives on the back end to keep a price point up, which is what I think Bose does, since you rarely see them on sale and they are a high markup item.

Also, CM may state that if you want to continue to get product from them for resale prices, you may need to keep a price point, but what they have already, they can sell at whatever price they like.