Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

Stacker 830 now available

ID    0
"Which Lian Li case were you using? There are many models...."

V1000, but the design concept is similar (ie hd and ps area isolated in bottom of case with front intake fan pumping air to that area. Although the 2100 is a full tower vs medium on the v1000) There is no cool air coming through up top unless you put a side window fan in. No blow hole and hot air collects in top. The wheels look to be the same. The v2100 was considered vs the 830 as was the Silverstone TJ07 but after seeing what the air flow in an original Stacker does, the 830 wins in my mind. The lighter construction of my Lian Li also transmitts more hard drive noise that seems to eminate from the front fan grill area. Can't even hear the raptors in the stacker. Just my thoughts!

Sorry man, but I don't see that as being fair at all. The case you're taking examples from is a good $100 less than the one which I'm pairing with the 830. Take another look: Lian Li has stuck a blower up top (among other things). I highly doubt that this case, which costs quite a bit more, has no performance improvements at all over yours. No way.

Enough about another company though. I hope CM does well with their 830. I'm going to give it a little time and see how people are doing with the first batch. At least the 830 is in good company:

TREK.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

ID always, ah bugger i've just fogtten the rest of the sentence, err picutres in threads fun.

RaptorFury    0

well from the looks of the 830 compared to most other cases , the 830 does provide airflow to areas which are not covered by other cases granted more dust blau blau blau .... but if proper maintence of the case would keep that at minimum . the idea of placing fans on the side is to direct air towards the cards . from what i see you do have the option of using it or not . . i like the design of it loads better over the original . the only thing i wish they would do is move the psu at the bottom , and move the board up like the 810 ( i beleive that is the case that did that ) and then the airflo from the side holder would be better ventilated with the mesh top of the case ( at that point the top fan would be useless ) i see loads of potential on that case . if i can get me one i am most Definetly goin to enjoy having fun with it ....

FusionNV    0
Here's the problem I see: CM made a case that doesn't appeal to any group of customers really. While it's price is prohibitive for most home PC builders, the case itself does not offer necessary features that a big-budget server tower might require. At SunDial there are two cases listed for $289: the Stacker 830 and the Lian Li V2100 Plus.

The 830 has room for 9x 5.25 slots and 4x 3.5 slots while the V2100 boasts 7x 5.25 slots and 12x (!) 3.5 slots.

The Lian Li case has casters and offers noise insulation, while the 830 has the unique distinction of being able to mount a rediculous number of fans.

It seems the only edge the 830 really has is its ability to mount a variety of different mobo form factors. How much of a difference does this make? I'm not sure.

My point here isn't to make a comparison, but to highlight points that might have made for a better case. We'll see how the case does once it hits store shelves.

If you are crazy rich you can get the Silverstone Temjin 7. That is close to $370 bucks. Damn that case has some nice features, it kinda similar features to the antec super silent cases but more agressive cooling and all alum. It just plainer looking on the outside. I guess for a modder that is good, it bad for a lazy modder, lol. I think that is what the Stacker 830 is also targeted to. A modder that doesn't want to spend too much time or a user that doesn't want to modd but likes the look.

ID    0
ID always, ah bugger i've just fogtten the rest of the sentence, err picutres in threads fun.

You were amused then, yes?

We should probably quit the chatter about other cases and companies now. It probably wasn't a good idea in the first place.

Turn thread bow plains, bring us to a heading of eight-three-zero, ahead flank! (I just watched Das Boot) :D

FusionNV    0

You were amused then, yes?

We should probably quit the chatter about other cases and companies now. It probably wasn't a good idea in the first place.

Turn thread bow plains, bring us to a heading of eight-three-zero, ahead flank! (I just watched Das Boot) :D

Hmm it kinda sad though that the BTX feature probably won't be used. Under Extreme Tech it was listed as one of the 2005 Top failures. They blame mostly that there just aren't really any BTX mobos and not many cases to choose from. But who know it be like Bluetooth. Do nutting for a whole bunch of years for Nokia, and then bam all over the place. But they also list SLI and Gmail. They say it works well, it just over hype it didn't cause a revoltution that many have hoped for.

Johansson    0

I think the original stacker is the "stacker of them all". It has plenty of room, possibility of BTX, two PSU's and NO DOOR that is in the way all the time. The 810 is only a budget version that ended up in nothing. The 830 is an expensive version of 810, stupid door and no Dual-PSU or BTX.

I know that I have upset some people......sorry for that. This is at least my thoughts.... 8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)