Sign in to follow this  
mw

CPU cooler temps (again!)

mw    0

:?

Just a quickie, ive decided to take the fan off my hyper6+ but am keeping intake and exhaust fans. At the moment the pc has been on for 2 hours just browsing and listening to music the temp according to Asusprob is 44oC and the mainboard is 20oC do you think that this is an acceptable level? i.e is it safe to leave the fan off???

I cant imagine the temp would go up that much after a session on bf2, or would it - advise please.

SILENCE IS NOW OFFICIALLY GOLDEN :shock:

knud    128

Well. 44c is pretty nice, if you have no cpu fan.

But if you play games, then the cpu load is much higher. Surfing and music only uses about max 20-30% of you cpu. depending on your cpu and how many webpages you have opened.

Games uses a lot more!

mw    0

sweet guys cheers - hit 49oC after 1 hour of bf2 so i can def run it without that crappy fan nice!

Almost got it silent now just the akasa pax psu making the noise now

happy happy joy joy :P

ID    0

Keep in mind though that it is winter right now. I don't know about your computer, but mine definitely posts hotter temperatures in the summer!

Infinity    0
InfectiousDust is right... In the summer you should mount the fan again or go to a water rig.

Or not. Depends how hot it gets, I've been running my rig with no fans for over a year now :)

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

well be thankful you dont have the original hyper 6, i do and after what a year and a hlaf maybe 2, the things retention mechinism is bent from the enourmous weight so it no longer makes decent contact resulting in high temps and occasional crashing if it moves too far for some reason.

69j0h96    0

Or not. Depends how hot it gets, I've been running my rig with no fans for over a year now :)

Nice... but for me, no way... I´m a water adicted with active rads like BlackIce extreme III (rules)... :lol:

Infinity    0
Nice... but for me, no way... I´m a water adicted with active rads like BlackIce extreme III (rules)... :lol:

I used to watercool back in the days when the maze 3 was the daddy, and the thermochill 120.3 rad was new, was using them for a few months then thought "what's the point?", ripped it all out and stuck a big passive heatsink on the cpu, my temperatures aren't as low as they used to be, but they're well within the specified operating temperatures by amd. But, best of all, my box is totally silent, apart from a very muted tick during high hdd activity (like when rebooting).