Sign in to follow this  
Blackstar

Centurion 532 430W PSU - Extra info needed

Blackstar    0

http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_li ... &sid=14881

This is the product I'm planning to buy for a birthday gift, although I've been getting wary over power supplies - as many of mine (most generic PSUs) have fried, despite that they claim to be able to handle it.

So, friends have told me to ask for the peak power and the efficiency of this power supply - and that if I divide the, I'll get the wattage that the PSU can take at any one time.

So, if anyone here can tell me the peak power/wattage and the efficiency I'd appreciate it.

RaptorFury    0

actually its volts x amps = watts . something like that . the main thing u need to look at 1 wieght ( yes i know weight doesnt really consider good psu bad psu ) But it does tell the purchaser that heavier heat sinks been used and bigger mostfets are used . thickness of the wire leads coming from psu skinnier more resistance thicker less . effeicency of the psu 70 % or higher would be prefered . also look at how the amps are arranged on the volts 5 volt having the most 3.3 being second and 12 becoming last but a 12 volt line should have atleast 18 amps running thru it 5 volts 35-45 amps 3.3 like 25 amps or so .

Blackstar    0

I realize it's Volt * Amp = Watts, but what my mate said is that Peak Watts/Efficiency = The max watts the PSU can handle at any one time.

I didn't get most of what you said, apart from what I already know - I just want to know the Peak Power and Efficiency, I know what's good and bad.

RaptorFury    0

well the only way to find out is to purchase it , or hope a website allready lits the specs of it . it not goin to be top line the close's i can think of a psu they would use would be their extreme power series they run at round 70% effecincy .

ice_cubed    0
http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=38&&bid=4&sid=14881

This is the product I'm planning to buy for a birthday gift, although I've been getting wary over power supplies - as many of mine (most generic PSUs) have fried, despite that they claim to be able to handle it.

So, friends have told me to ask for the peak power and the efficiency of this power supply - and that if I divide the, I'll get the wattage that the PSU can take at any one time.

So, if anyone here can tell me the peak power/wattage and the efficiency I'd appreciate it.

I think this: http://www.coolermaster.com/product_com ... t_380W.pdf

is the power supply that comes with that case. Check the pdf for the information you are looking for. Check with the vendor to be sure it is the same PSU.