Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

New WaveMaster with air duct side panel for Intel LGA775.

BroChaos    0

yeah, but btx mobos are still a way off. i guess maybe it will help the transition. i dunno, amd seems to be doing pretty well with their 64bit though...

Karma Ghost    0

Integrating heatpipes is a good idea... I believe Zalman made some really expensive silent case. It looked like an okay idea, but a step in the right direction as far as completely passive cooling is concerned.

ajfaull    1

We got in one of the new intel cpu and motherboards for testing. First thing we did was build it out of the case on a test board so that we could test some different configurations with it. It ran like *(&^ locking up and getting BSODs until we put it in a case with the air duct. Now it runs like butter. The board really does need the duct.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Wow, that is pretty insane ajfaull. I never knew that a processor would need a duct that bad. Well more points to AMD...

Karma Ghost    0

Well, you have to consider that energy consumption (and therefore heat) and power do not necessarily go hand in hand. There are ways to make processors that are powerful, but still have less energy consumption (and therefore produce less heat)

I think that Intel is worrying too much about big numbers and high clock speeds instead of worrying about making it useful to the normal user.

LaTechTech    0

OK...I have the Wave Master combined with the LGA 775 550 and D925XCV. Are you telling me I now have to cut a hole in the side of my case? What are the normal operating temperatures? Can you send me a diagram oulining the exact position of the vent. I like using a dremel, but the case is so nice looking.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have an exact diagram because your MB CPU postition will be different. Intel suggested to have a fan or an air duct directly on your CPU.

BroChaos    0
I don't have an exact diaphram because your MB CPU postition will be different. Intel suggested to have a fan or an air duct directly on your CPU.

i hope you don't have any diaphrams, unless you are a chick planning on getting laid :P

although a diagram of the case wouldn't hurt :lol: