Sign in to follow this  
platonicsolid

nVidia Quadro FX 4400 cooling? (Son's Christmas present)

RaptorFury    0

Star go downlaod CPU-Z from Here matter of fact anyone needing info on there boards ( that should be everyone ) should use this utility as it gives a great amount of info on ur mainboard cpu and memory ...

xstax    0
I've got a pair of Geil value pc3200 and a 512mb stick of TwinMOS carp PC3200 so I highly doubt its running in dual channel right now but is there much benifit from running at 1gb dual channel over 1.5GB single channel?

The only sure fire way to be sure is to test it out. But I actually had the exact same setup using 3 512 DIMMs and when I started learning about dual channel I pulled the mismatched Dimm and gave it a try. My performance went up but I can't say for certain the same will happen for you.

Ok I've just popped the 512 TwinMOS stick out and rebooted. Not once did the boot screen say it was running in dual channel mode. Will have a look on various MSI pages/forums and see what I can pick up

Edit

Ok found out it was down to a misalligned jumper. Now its running in dual channel mode now

Some will automatically detect and turn on dual channel... others use jumpers and others require a change in the bios. I have asus boards. I have the option to force dual channel mode off but by default it auto detects the ram and sets it up accordingly. But now that it's set does it show it on boot up?

StarMonkee    0

Aye it does show it on the boot up CPU-Z shows it in dual channel aswell so am gonna see if there preformance is that little bit better. Would replied last night after testing but my cat had a bad turn and had to rush him to the vets. Cost £100 to see the vet out of hours

Merry Christmas All. My sons configuration now looks as follows:

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Mobo

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz, 1MB, 2000MHz FSB, Socket 939

Ram: 4GB, Corsair TWINX2048-4000PT 2GB Kit DDR500 XMS4000

Graphics: nVidia Quadro FX4400 PCI-E

Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Hard Drive1: Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000RPM SATA150

Hard Drive2: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 7200RPM SATA II

DVD±R/RW: Plextor PX-716SA 16X SATA Dual Layer

Power Supply: 500W Ultra X-Connect

Case: Lian Li PC-60USB

I had forgotten to list the sound card previously, but the 4GB Ram and Raptor Hard Drive are new. The good news is the system does run in "dual-channel" mode with all 4GB of Ram installed. The down side is, as was stated in the Mobo manual, it does not see all 4GB. It sees 3.4GB.