Sign in to follow this  
platonicsolid

nVidia Quadro FX 4400 cooling? (Son's Christmas present)

Last Christmas, I got my son the nVidia Quadro FX 4400 graphics card. (He's an industrial design college student using 3D Studio). The card runs very hot and am wondering if any of the Coolermaster components can help. If, yes, exactly what do I have to get?

Thanks in advance.

RaptorFury    0

if u looking for air u goin to have to look into other products , the only remote thing Cm can provide is water cooling alternative . the only thing that comes to moind is the aquagate on just the video card itself i seriously doubt it will handle a cpu and video card with out modifications .....

I doesn't much matter to me whether it's air cooled or water cooled as long as it works. Performance is the goal. How cool it looks is irrelevant. I'd be willing to get the Aquagate ALC-U01 just for the graphics card. Is that kit all inclusive or do I need some kind of adaptor for the card?

By the incredible lack of response to my request (no offense RaptorFury), I guess I can conclude that Coolmaster doesn't have anything to help me. If it matters, here's the entire system spec. thus far:

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Mobo

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz, 1MB, 2000MHz FSB, Socket 939

Ram: 3GB CRUCIAL DDR PC2100

Power Supply: 500W Ultra X-Connect

Case: Lian Li PC-60USB

Graphics: nVidia Quadro FX4400 PCI-E

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB Serial ATA II 7200RPM

DVD±R/RW: Plextor PX-716SA 16X Serial ATA Dual Layer

RaptorFury    0

the auqa gate does come with a cpu block so a gpu block would have to be purchased . and it on the gpu would be more then enough to handle the gpu and maybe north bridge as well or the hard drives with gpu ...

ID    0
If it matters, here's the entire system spec. thus far:

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Mobo

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz, 1MB, 2000MHz FSB, Socket 939

Ram: 3GB CRUCIAL DDR PC2100

Power Supply: 500W Ultra X-Connect

Case: Lian Li PC-60USB

Graphics: nVidia Quadro FX4400 PCI-E

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB Serial ATA II 7200RPM

DVD±R/RW: Plextor PX-716SA 16X Serial ATA Dual Layer

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but that ram is seriously hampering your system's performance.

Karma Ghost    0

Like RaptorFury said, liquid cooling is not a bad way to look in this case. The only problem is that I do not have knowledge as to whether or not the configuration of the RL-VNC-CNU1 (AQ block for nVidia cards) will fit with yours because it was designed for the 6 series cards.

They may have the same configuration, but it is definitely something I'd find out for sure if I were getting this set up.

RaptorFury    0

last time i looked they are basically one in the same card just a jumper setting was different on the core itself .

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but that ram is seriously hampering your system's performance.
It's part of the never ending upgrade sequence. There's always something that should be replaced and a performance price to pay if you don't. The ram that's there was migrated from the previous Soyo SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra Mobo. Do you really think a significant/noticable performance gain would be realized by upgrading ram?

RaptorFury    0

loads as it will run the system at 1:1 400 / 400 not 400/266 . it will decrease loading times and mk the overall system perform better and rid of bottle necks , if you build ur system u want it to match as much as possible ie. ram / cpu / mb etc. etc. to maximize systems performance , longivity and over all enjoyment .....