Sign in to follow this  
stylish83

Prefered CPU fan cooler

stylish83    0

my girlfriend is constantly complaining about the noise from here computer and where she keeps the computer, it echos the CPU fan, which to me sounds normal.

Now she wants me to change the fan. she has a choice of either

1) Cooolermaster Hyper 6

2) Asus Star Ice

This will be for the Asus P5AD2 Premium. What do you think? Please give any advice to help me solve here problem?

zerospace    0

I would personally go with the hyper 6 - of course, asking for recommendations for CM's competition around here is... not a good idea :wink: . If anyone wants to recommend something that isn't CM - please use PMs.

ninuhadida    0

hyper 6, not just because we're on a cm forum, but from the reviews the star ice is poor in quality and doesn't dissapate much heat as the hyper6. also if you're going with a hyper 6 (just to be sure - hyper 6 or 6+ ?) i suggest running a push/pull config, i.e. fan blowing air > and another fan at the end sucking out air from the copper tower >.

zerospace    0

If it'll fit, I'd definitely go for the hyper6+ - if that's an option. :) Forgot to mention that earlier. And that isn't because this is a CM forum... the hyper 6+ is a darn good CPU cooler.

ice_cubed    0

In my playing around with the hyper 6+, I found that the CPU was only 5 degrees C hotter with no fan at all, under the same load. The fan that comes with the hyper 6+ is very quiet, but if noise is an issue and your case is well vented, a fanless hyper 6+ isn't a bad choice.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

out of the two, the hyper 6, the star ice is not that nice. personally tho, i'd go for the hyper 48.