Sign in to follow this  
mw

hyper 6+ reducing fan speed?

mw    0

Anyone know how i can reduce the fan rpm? My old abit board ran it at around 1500 rpm, my current asus goes at 1850 rpm.

I can notice the difference! I have tried enabling/disabling q-fan but it stays the same?

Anybody have any ideas? Is it safe to remove and just control from say a musketeer? Or are there better ways of doing this? I do have a speed reducer cable but it doesnt fit as the hyper6 has a 4 pin fan? Or can you get better 100mm fans ???

Thanks again guys :!:

2XR    0

I think that there HAVE to bo a fan plugged on the mobo for it to work. But you could try fitting a casefan of nbfan instead of the cpu fan and connect the cpu to the musketeer. You will get some wrong readings in you're BIOS but i think you can take it for granted since you achieved what you wanted.

ninuhadida    0
I think that there HAVE to bo a fan plugged on the mobo for it to work. But you could try fitting a casefan of nbfan instead of the cpu fan and connect the cpu to the musketeer. You will get some wrong readings in you're BIOS but i think you can take it for granted since you achieved what you wanted.

what he said - you gotta conenct your hyper6 with the mobo to use q-fan or whatever it is called