Sign in to follow this  
mw

XP3200 overclock help !!!

ID    0
ok im using geil ultra x 2x512meg if that helps ???

cpu is being cooled by a hyper6+ with low case temps all round!

latest asus bios update.

still only getting 2.31ghz................................

its stable ; but i want more god damn you !!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

its not worth the money to switch to a mobile processor really!?!?

help help help

You're pretty much stuck man. I don't think it's worth getting a new CPU unless you go out and get a new mobo as well. These older Asus boards just weren't the most overclocking-friendly. Though I don't know what your RAM's timings are like, I'm assuming they're fairly tight. So at least you don't have to replace that. Save up some cash and when you have enough go out and buy yourself some good OC hardware if you're still interested.

mw    0

is there anything around for socket a still ? i dont really want a new mobo/cpu (money!!!!!!)

would i see an improvement with a different motherboard, do you think?

thanks

p.s yes timings are tight for that ram i believe 2-2-2-6 i think at present.

ID    0
would i see an improvement with a different motherboard, do you think?

Not unless you buy a new processor. It's your CPU that's locked, and from what I've read yours cannot be bypassed with any motherboard.

RaptorFury    0

nope it cant the only thing you can do is a) new cpu mobile xp them are multi unlocked or B) volt mod the board bc at round 2.4 - 2.5 u goin to need at round 1.95 volts - 2.125 volts to sustain it and the processors get hot at them volts ..... or go with a amd 754 agp board ...

mw    0

Well im now up to

2.34 !!!!!!!!!!

And its not going any higher than that ! fsb at 213. volts at 1.85.

God damn it i wanted more!

RaptorFury    0

u want more then start looking up volt mods but i will say this u better know whatcha doin and have some really good cooling .

dracos    0

You're not going to get anymore out it than that unles you use some super cooling and really up the volts and FSB..

I have the XP3200, and it is sitting in it's box.... Not a great overclocker if it's locked...

You have it you are kind of stuck with it now.. but the 3200 mobile would have been the way to go, or even the 2600 mobile

I have the 2600-m and a 2400-m, and that 3200, I traded my regular 2600 for the 2400-m

Of course though I have my Athlon X2, which I am very happy with..

Good luck with it, the only possible advice would be to get a different Mobo.. the Abit NF7s rev2 is the best Oc board for the XP platform you can get...

mw    0

but in an earlier reply someone said a different mobo wouldnt make any difference???

I guess ill have to ebay it and get a mobile chip. I can still get an xp2500 mobile - are they just as good?

As for cooling ive just added a side fan on the CUNTurion530, it just so happens that it blows directly ontop of the hyper6+. Result, its actually knocked a couple of degrees off the chip!?!?!!! with no extra noise.

Sorry was there a typo in there somewhere? Looks like either luck or a good piece of coolermaster design, shame they cant fix a cdrom door though isnt it? :idea:

ID    0

Unless dracos is saying that the Abit will overide your locked XP, than no a new mobo won't help unless you buy a new processor with it.

RaptorFury    0

there no mb that will unlock a amd xp desktop cpu they will on the other hand allow a lil bit more head room for overclocking more volt options and so forth , but if you considering a new Mb might as well :) how much a a64 754 / 939 socket Mb with a agp slot . or figure a way to go all out pci-e if them are not an option and u just want a good board i say go fetch a abit nf2 or msi kt880 board ( my current one )