Sign in to follow this  
mw

XP3200 overclock help !!!

RaptorFury    0

firstly uneed ton o volts for 2.5 gighz the asus only allows 1.85 . is that a 3200 400 or a 3200 333 ? the desktop cpus can only reach 2.3 - 2.4 gighz at 1.85 volts in order to reach higher speeds u goin to need to do a volt mod on the board ....

mw    0

but i think i can go higher than 1.85volts ?!? What is safe - do you know?

dont want to :shock: shock myself

RaptorFury    0

thats all thats allowed thru bios volt mods are hard mods that u do to the board i am currently at 2 volts on my cpu but my cpu never gets bove 38 idle 42 load ( gotta love tornados and winter :twisted: )

mw    0

ok then so how do you do a volt mod? is it worth doing and how complicated is it?

next question , im at 1.75v at the mo - will it make any difference if i go to 1.85v

multi at 12 , fsb 210 ???????

best overclock ideas :?::?::?::?:

ID    0

Well considering you are a newb to overclocking, and that's not meant to be an insult, you should definitely stay away from volt-modding. You have to be pretty extreme to be doing that.

Is there no way to unlock the multiplier on your mobo? Are you using the latest BIOS for that board? How fast is your RAM running at 2.31Ghz?

merovingian    0

I bet it's the HTT multi but I don't know what it's supposed to be normally, on my board it's 1000Mhz but I don't know if that appies to those chipsets

ID    0
I bet it's the HTT multi

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Since the RAM divider is derived from the CPU multiplier, he's pretty much stuck if it's locked. And I'm betting it is...

RaptorFury    0

um that is a amd xp cpu most of those are multi locked unless he goes Mobile xp and xp's never supported htt they just straight leg cpu's , on his current set up what his mb will produce thats bout all it will muster up .If you had a mobile with decent cooling 2.5 wouldnt be hard at all ... but 2.5 isnt totally out of reach them nf2 chipsets are fairly easy to mod up if mem serves right theres a lil wire u stick in the cpu socket that will allow u more volts to the cpu but i highly recomend u research it and then get really good cooling like water bc them xp 3200 desktops get hot at round 1.85 volts ...

mw    0

ok im using geil ultra x 2x512meg if that helps ???

cpu is being cooled by a hyper6+ with low case temps all round!

latest asus bios update.

still only getting 2.31ghz................................

its stable ; but i want more god damn you !!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

its not worth the money to switch to a mobile processor really!?!?

help help help