Sign in to follow this  
titanx

What kind of PSU features you hope to see ?

merovingian    0
I'm actually in the process of building a custom PSU for my CMSTACKER it will be done in December. It will have these features

1. 950 watts

2. Water cooled

3.half modular (There's no point in it being all modular like the ultra)

4.duel 120mm fans that go through the top of the case.

5. Meter that not only shows watts and volts but a 5 min history and temp

6. All aluminium housing to match the Stacker bushed aluminum style

7. Two voltage knobs to boost the GPU and memory

Just to name a few. Wish me luck.

I'm willing to help you with your system but please post specs that require 950W, why you want to watercool and the rest will impress me very much. Much, much luck to you. :)

I'm actually in the process of building a custom PSU for my CMSTACKER it will be done in December. It will have these features

1. 950 watts

omg 950 watts....thats awesome!

i think one feature that a good psu must have is a intelligent cable management system so that all the unneeded cables can left outside, beside that only the Real Power counts...

ID    0
i think one feature that a good psu must have is a intelligent cable management system so that all the unneeded cables can left outside

You're talking about a modular power supply. There's quite a few of those out there now, but many aren't all that great. Besides, you can stealth any unnecessary cables easily enough.

but many aren't all that great

really? i only heard good of them up to now and the one i´m using in one of my systems (sunbeam nuoo 550 watt) is really doing a good job!

Besides, you can stealth any unnecessary cables easily enough

yeah it´s easy but i think it´s more usefull if it´s not necessary to hide them....but i think thats something everybody must know for himself...

knghtbrd    0
You're talking about a modular power supply. There's quite a few of those out there now, but many aren't all that great. Besides, you can stealth any unnecessary cables easily enough.

Some companies will modularize a PSU for you. If you're doing some serious modding, you could modularize one yourself.

I believe that as more people do it, more PSUs will be modular. The main problem is that the current pretty much standard way to do it has problems in that the connectors can become detached at the PSU when you don't want them to. Other clever alternatives exist, but the PSU I'm thinking of (the forums' Brits will know which) has patented their use of screw-on communications cable connectors such as those used by radio and aviation equipment. Total crock that they were able to patent this, but I assume they intent do enforce it. That design is cool, but it too has limitations (mainly that CM cases have their tops riveted into place..)

knghtbrd    0

Wasn't sure saying who they are is quite kosher with the rules, but yes. CM's PSUs are a little easier to get, but modular and stable were requirements of this project of mine. CM doesn't currently have a modular PSU. I had a modular PSU made by Thermaltake, and it basically required a 5.25 bay for this completely ugly turd of a PSU controller/monitor with tons of cable clutter. On top of that, the Tt PSU was terribly unstable.

In short, it's a typical Tt product: total crap. ;)

knghtbrd    0

Oh, it works great in a 3 year old box which is very forgiving about ATX connector tolerances and doesn't draw much power. But then again, said system could take a $20 230-watt PSU just fine without problems.

So basically, my Tt PSU, for whatever it cost, is currently doing duty in place of a generic-case-special PSU whose fan died and I couldn't be bothered to replace it given that it was a 230 watt.

I'ma change my sig.