Sign in to follow this  
titanx

What kind of PSU features you hope to see ?

Alvin    0

Modular Cables

Floppy only Cable

Dual 12V Rails, not sure if the existing unit is BTX Compliant.

Adjustable 12/5/3.3 V Rails

Fully sleeved cables.

at least 8 4pin molexes

Wacft    0

i agree that we need better molex conectors. today while messing with some computers i was noticing the molex on this old a** psu and they were great much better than my antec true power,

inferno    0

ok i saw this psu at http://www.bit-tech.com in a review and it has plugs on it where you plug what connecters you want in it.

also fully braided cables, i ifnd it so anoying having to braid myself. hense i havent done it yet :oops:

Another good feature would be different colour fans in it cause i hate blue fans ukkkk.

MasMaquina    0

Con un unico ventilador de 14 cm con luz y que haga poco ruido, y un panel frontal para monitorizar.

With a only fan of 14 cm with light and low noise, and a front panel monitor.

Hybrid-Mods    0

Thanks for translating, Lightweight power supplies.. ACtive PFC's, Very Efficent (like Seasonic's), custom sleeving. I don't think you need that many amps on the +12 volt rail, if you are using a peliter, just get a seperate power supply for that. Otherwise it will drive up the cost for regular enthusiasts.

FOP    0

I'll pretty much echo what everyone else has said thus far...

1. Voltage Stability: That 12V rail is key and I like idea of a couple of separate rails.

2. Voltage Regulators: I also really dig being able to make minute adjustments to my rails on my current True Control PSU.

3. Aluminum housing: Light weight and thermally efficient.

4. Quiet: Big 120mm intakes and quiet 80mm exhausts are essential.

5. Active PFC.

I'd love to see sleeving and modular cable configurations as well but stability and efficiency are more important in my book.

I'm working on some DIY modular cables myself and will put together a guide once I am finished.

~FoP

220VX    0

Definitely aluminum casing is something that Cooler Master can do to distinguish its power supply from others. Right now, there is not much you can do to the power supply's exterior other than placing fans in different positions or painting/coating it.