Sign in to follow this  
Death_Korps

skt 939 Opteron OCing with what ram?

Death_Korps    0

Also not trying to be cheeky here but could you explain what this whole "delete the pagefile" business is about, im a n00b when it comes to this sort of stuff

ID    0
Also not trying to be cheeky here but could you explain what this whole "delete the pagefile" business is about, im a n00b when it comes to this sort of stuff

Usually Windows will allocate a sizable portion of your HDD for data intended to be used by the system's memory. This is the paging file. Data is loaded from the paging file to the system memory whenever it's required. In effect, it speeds up the ability to access programs on demand, since instructions are preloaded and ready to go.

I'm a bit curious as well about the suggestion to delete the pagefile. Will XP really attempt to load pagefile-data straight into memory if no pagefile is present? I always assumed Windows was too stupid to handle this... suddenly a gig of RAM seems so small...

Equinox    0

I would hate to see another arguement about value ram over high performance so I will just say that Giel has a new BH-5 chip that is hand picked and runs 3.8v. Name is Geil BH-5 ONE. For 1 gigs here is a link and the 512 stick.

GeIL ONE BH (W) PC3200 (1,5-2-2-5-1T) PC4000 (2-2-2-5-1T) @2.55V-3.80V --chip--> New BH5 ~ Brainpower PCB

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=30580

merovingian    0

Usually Windows will allocate a sizable portion of your HDD for data intended to be used by the system's memory. This is the paging file. Data is loaded from the paging file to the system memory whenever it's required. In effect, it speeds up the ability to access programs on demand, since instructions are preloaded and ready to go.

I'm a bit curious as well about the suggestion to delete the pagefile. Will XP really attempt to load pagefile-data straight into memory if no pagefile is present? I always assumed Windows was too stupid to handle this... suddenly a gig of RAM seems so small...

Windows is too stupid to not use a page file when your running 4GB of ram. Yeah, so turning it off makes a big difference when swapping in between and loading programs.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

if your buying 4 gigs of ram then yes but at only 2 its not worth it.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron
if your buying 4 gigs of ram then yes but at only 2 its not worth it.
what mindless says. :P

mero the correct term is post count +1