Sign in to follow this  
Death_Korps

skt 939 Opteron OCing with what ram?

Death_Korps    0

lol

Erm bugger because i already have the Asus board and what would be the advantages of the flatpacker compared to the Asus.

Also in regards to the 1t command line, how come no other boards can do this and would this make a difference in games seen as i will have 2gig for a few months before putting in the next two to make 4gig.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

because other motherboard manufacturers arnt as nuts as DFI. whoops, oh welll guess we will now be calling dfi flatpack boards now. other manufacturers dont see the point of taking power from the 5v line to add to your rams overall voltage.

Death_Korps    0

so is it not possible to achieve a 1t command rate on anything except flatpacks,

bummer

although looking at some tests the differences arent massive in performance.

especially when considering its possible to ramp that opty up to fx 55 speeds with air cooling and standard volts in some cases

and fx57 speeds with 1.5v

so coupled with the 7800's would it really hurt?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

1t with 4 sticks is only possible on the flatpack crossfire for now. however the nf4 sli expert might be able to do it, personally i've lost faith in asus boards, stability and overclocking wise from what ive had the abits have been significantly better, dfi are just so cool.

Death_Korps    0

So the flatpack is the way forward.

its jsut a bugger its Ati because i prefer Nvidia and catalyst sucks IMO.

however is Asus really arent that great the only advantage i can see is that theres a bigger space between te pci express slots therefore the new 7800gtx 512mbs with thier dual slot cooler may actually have a lifetime of longer than 5 minutes on the Asus.

Just out of wondering, is it the Dfi we are refering to as flatpack because technically it was the MSI you refered to as MFI or am i wrong.

either way its pretty cool to have a flatpack mobo

10 points mindless

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

we mean dfi, however i too would choose the 512mb gtx's fron nvid, and wait for the nf4 expert board. ever really been a fan of MSI so wouldnt reccomend them, they've come a long way since the crap they used to produce.

Death_Korps    0

lmao

i got the complete wrong idea, i thought u meant Msi n put Mfi lol,

o well, so this flatpackers gonna be the new topend for the Nvidia empire, how much is it looking at costing, and would the ammount o space between the pci-e x16 slots be ok because looking at some pictures on another forum on normal boards theres really no room for the card to breathe.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... ge=3&pp=30

on that thread theres some pics

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

great you can make mine nip down threshers and get us a big bottle of bells.