Sign in to follow this  
Wacft

PSU Switch

Wacft    0

i gotta rma my true power 430wat psu. antec has no cross shiping method so right now im on my moms crappy dell and its driving me crazy. so im thinking of just buying a cheap psu for temporary and possibly long term if antecs rma policy drives me crazy. this is the one im thinking of

eXtreme Power RS-430-PMSR

any one have opinions on this choice?

rijko    0

well, i dunno what Dell you're using but Dell has a history of using non-standard PSU sizes, and/or non-standard mobo pin assignment.

Is the Antec dead ? You could at least look at the PSU size.

Trying to use the Antec (or any other 'standard' PSU) on the Dell mobo might result in damage.

Maybe Dell can provide you with an answer, or maybe the pin assignment of the mobo connector ?

Hope this helps..

Wacft    0

you read wrong, my psu is from my own build, i am now on my moms dell since my psu is done. im in the middle of rmaing with antec and is going to be long process it seems. i was just wanting to know what people had to say about the psu i had a link for.

POLO    0

A little off topic, but

Well i bought a C5 and just transfered everything out of my Gateway into that, plus used the CM 350W PSU that came with the case and it has been doing great for over a year.

Use it for my BIT, TS Server, and Backuping/Storage and it does great in all three areas!

RaptorFury    0

well if it was me i try go at least a 450 that has a max of 430 but continuous of 400 be good for a short period of time or for a smaller system . newegg use to have a 450 max 420 continous from cooler master for 5 - 10 dollars more hmmmm ....

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i wouldnt buy it it has no pfc, even if i was buying an el cheapo one i would still wnat passive pfc.

rijko    0

yep i read wrong...damn.. for me it was deep into the night...

I like the price/quality ratio of that PSU.

Even for temp use i would buy it, it's a very nice PSU and a cheap way to have a spare.

2 of my buddies use that one and they both love it.